Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-23-2022, 09:13 AM   #196
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
As a suggestion, I would like to see that option moved to the dialog for doing the replacements. Otherwise, I'll forget that I changed it to global and do bad things (though it makes a checkpoint beforehand, so that helps).
No time unfortunately. Every time I revisit this plugin, I have to relearn how Calibre plugins work, as well as remember how my own old logic works! I'll try to fix things that break, but feature changes are probably not in the cards for this plugin.

I wouldn't be opposed at all if someone was motivated enough to want to fork my repo and add user requests to a new and improved toolbag plugin, though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:33 AM   #197
Lukusaukko
Enthusiast
Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lukusaukko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'm currently editing a book with a lot of colloquail English with a lot of contractions - usually I've formatted such words ('em, 'ave etc.) by hand to use the right single quote instead of left single quote or typewriter apostrophes, because the editor function (or Word/LO, for that matter) always gets this wrong. But this is a long book full of them, and it's really tedious to go through all the dialogue and manually fix them all.

I've tried using this plugin, but the Smarten Punctuation feature doesn't seem to work - it looks like it ignores the exceptions list, and formats the single quotes just like the editor function. Any idea if there's a bug, or if I'm just using it wrong? I have the exceptions file in the same calibre folder as the plugins, and am using Calibre 5.44 (haven't updated my system yet to a distro with the version of gcc required by later Calibre versions), and the plugin version is from the first post in this thread.
Lukusaukko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 11:44 PM   #198
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello @DiapDealer

I am using the Edit Spans & Divs feature to try converting <span class="italic"> to <i>.
Action type : Modify
Tag name: span
Attribute: class
Value: italic
Change to: i

Can't figure out where I am going wrong as I keep receiving the following error.

I see you are not really maintaining, but thought I would report it anyway. I used a regex instead so no problem.
Thanks.

Quote:
calibre, version 7.2.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 7.2 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 2) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 5) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 7, 0) && From KFX (2, 7, 0) && KFX Input (2, 7, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (2, 5, 0) && KFX Output (2, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 13) && Manage Series (1, 5, 1) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 3) && View Manager (1, 10, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.diaps_toolbag.dialogs", line 485, in do_action
File "calibre_plugins.diaps_toolbag.main", line 157, in delete_modify
File "calibre_plugins.diaps_toolbag.resources.html_pars er", line 271, in processml
IndexError: list index out of range

Last edited by Karellen; 12-31-2023 at 11:52 PM.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote