Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Exclamation kindles on woot $149 [SOLD OUT]

http://www.woot.com

one day only. new kindle units (not refurbs).

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-01-2010 at 03:37 PM.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:10 AM   #2
Mitch G
Connoisseur
Mitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
I actually suspected this would happen when I saw the announcement today that Amazon bought woot.
Decided to pick one up.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I think the day of a sub $100 dollar reader is just around the corner.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Tempting, but I'll probably also be tempted by the new Kindle later this year.

Amazon + Woot is like hearing your 4th Grade Teacher is marrying Kid Rock or something. I'm still trying to get my brain to accept it.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
crashd
crashd began at the beginning.

Device: none
Will these Kindles work outside the US? I'm a bit confused as to how many models of the Kindle 2/2i Amazon actually have now.
crashd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
yes, it says Latest Generation which means it is the Kindle 2 International

However, Woot only ships to US Addresses.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Good to see the price getting a little cheaper
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #8
Mike4672
Mike4672 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, LG G3
At that price I'd love one! However, I'm waiting for the Kindle 3.
Mike4672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #9
Lawcheehung
Junior Kindler
Lawcheehung began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Sold out.

Kindle 3 (apparently) comes out in August, one month from now.
Lawcheehung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
jwjody
jwjody began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I use to have a Nook, I think I was one of the first to get one back just before Christmas, returned it several weeks later. But with the price drop and then another $40 off on Woot today I picked up a Kindle!

Very excited about it!

Went ahead and downloaded the Kindle app for Android and now I'm off to find some free ebooks.
jwjody is offline   Reply With Quote