Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
McCol
McCol began at the beginning.

Device: none
New owner, couple of questions.

Hi all, new member here and got a couple of questions on the prs-505.

Bought this today from argos, last one in store here in North Devon.

First question, do I need to update the official firmware? I'm assuming not as the only version I can find online is 1.1 and the version pre installed on mine is 1.2

Also if I was to subscribe to a newspaper service ie the guardian, how are the pdf versions of these newspapers going to look? would i be better to convert them in some way?
McCol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The firmware on the device should be the latest one. To verify, find a free ePub book and if it opens then you have the latest.

PDFs do not look the best on a 6" screen. Look at a program called 'Calibre' and use their recipe feature. It may be a way to get the content you want without paying for a subscription.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
1.1 is the US firmware; 1.2 the UK version. The only difference is the date format.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #4
McCol
McCol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the replies.

Used calibre to download and install the UK newspapers I was after. Quite impressed with the newspaper experience, better than I thought it would be.
McCol is offline   Reply With Quote