Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #46
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Wait, it's only available in black? I guess we may need some first hand accounts, but I think a black frame will make the e-ink display appear to have less contrast. And it may force you to wastefully include margins around your document.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #47
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
the 3g is "free"
I haven't donned my tinfoil hat yet, but I'm getting a bit nervous about all these devices touting free 3G...or rather, I'm getting a bit nervous about the telecoms (ATT, Sprint, etc.) handing out the 3G like party favors.

I'm assuming they get some sort of cut from book sales/transactions, but I'm also wondering if this is one of those "get them used to having wireless 24/7, then tack on a subscription charge" things.

Ok, so I did unfold my tinfoil hat.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 12:14 PM   #48
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm happy it's black.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #49
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
here is a pic of the unit in the "Que Shell"
Quote:
Custom-molded to snugly fit and surround your QUE ™ proReader, the high tech polymer case provides the ultimate level of protection you demand. Its sleek lightweight design also complements the iconic profile of your QUE.
isnt that an SD slot next to the USB?

Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #50
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
here is a pic of the unit in the "Que Shell"

isnt that an SD slot next to the USB?

It's really hard to tell... the pic isn't high res enough. I'm sure when Nate gets his paws on it he can let us know. If may just be a slide on-off switch.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #51
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19

I wonder what those rows of holes on the bottom are for. I thought of something for a dock, but the holes makes me think of pin-connectors and that is so 'early days of computing'.

Now, we just need some IREX DR1000 users to get their hands on this and start holding it with one hand on a corner to determine how durable it is.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Wait, it's only available in black? I guess we may need some first hand accounts, but I think a black frame will make the e-ink display appear to have less contrast. And it may force you to wastefully include margins around your document.
Doesn't work that way. I have a black PRS-600 and a black Pocketbook 360, as well as a white CyBook Opus; the colour doesn't affect the appearance of the screen at all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #53
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

on off is that button upper right i think

videos of the device functions at the que site http://www.que.com/index.asp
Old 01-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
I wonder what those rows of holes on the bottom are for. I thought of something for a dock, but the holes makes me think of pin-connectors and that is so 'early days of computing'.
Ventilation?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #55
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ventilation?
Yep.. or decoration or speaker... does it have TTS?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #56
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
on off is that button upper right i think

videos of the device functions at the que site http://www.que.com/index.asp
Engadget says "There's USB and a power button on the bottom, but looking at it straight on the device is about as minimal as could be."

edit: damn, that is one big reader. http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/p...irst-hands-on/
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #57
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
I was wondering if the mark ups you make to a document are saved so that you can send back to your computer?
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #58
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3
Johns1NOnly doesn't litterJohns1NOnly doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Ipad, Kindle DX
For what you get the $ it is ok i guess but i wish they made that doesn't have wifi and the massive extra thing like the calendar and get thing that are normally for a phone to have. I want a great ebook reader that will let me write notes and that has a big screen. I hate that every company try to jam too much shit into a device used to read books. it the cell phone all over again........... blah ruined my day. :/
Johns1NOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #59
Dulin's Books
Wizard

hands on http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/p...irst-hands-on/
Old 01-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #60
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
The specs don't mention an SD slot at all. I'm sure if there were one it would be mentioned.
BOb
Hmmm...as a business device shouldn't you be able to have colleagues/clients place docs on an SD card for your review. What if you don't have your laptop with you? I would have to ask if I can plug up the reader to their machine for a file transfer.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ces10