Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #16
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Good for you! I hope you have a great time! Have a 'Nogg* for me - or whatever.

Kindle dictionary? You mean Zelda is thinking of adding a Kindle to her massive collection?! (doggie faints dead away)
Hey doggie !
Wakee wakee !!

Anyone can answer the question about the dictionary ?
I'm sure you don't want to anger the Queen !
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #17
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Hey doggie !
Wakee wakee !!

Anyone can answer the question about the dictionary ?
I'm sure you don't want to anger the Queen !
'Arf, arf' means 'ouah ouah' in French. Any more dictionary questions?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Kindle dictionary usage? I thought I remember someone posting that you highlight the word you want to look up and then press the dictionary button on the keyboard. And then you do something and it takes you right back to your book. No? Oui? Arf?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #19
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Re: dictionary lookup; Daffy wrote: "You also use the joystick for moving around within a page or selecting (selecting a book, selection where a highlight starts and ends, selecting a word for dictionary look-up...). "
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #20
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Re: dictionary lookup; Daffy wrote: "You also use the joystick for moving around within a page or selecting (selecting a book, selection where a highlight starts and ends, selecting a word for dictionary look-up...). "
Oh, that's right. But be sure to tell Zelda not to get carried away with the joystick or she might accidentally activate the happy llamas which can make it difficult to read anything on the Kindle.

Advert
Old 12-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #21
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, that's right. But be sure to tell Zelda not to get carried away with the joystick or she might accidentally activate the happy llamas which can make it difficult to read anything on the Kindle.

Joystick? To activate llamas? The Kindle does have a llama button, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle-llama.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	41578
Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Here we go... I just received the first picture from today's Snowpéro in Paris! As you can see it's pretty cold. What looks like a mini-tv is an ereading device, of course.

It's now getting late and one, at least, at the Snowpéro has overdone it, I think.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #23
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It was a lovely evening and it was good to see everyone again. And the new venue was very pleasant.
Several people took some pictures and I expect that they will post them before long.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Here we go... I just received the first picture from today's Snowpéro in Paris! As you can see it's pretty cold. What looks like a mini-tv is an ereading device, of course.

yep, that was just near the beginning, you can see me, ygg and godzil. the device is the first generation cybook (in colour !!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Didn't know PilotBob was going; it looks like he got a warm welcome.
we are always very hospitable here in paris.

Quote:
'Arf, arf' means 'ouah ouah' in French. Any more dictionary questions?
note to self : included with the kindle is ravenne's translating services. excellent !

actually, i never did manage to find how to look up a word in the dictionary. i used the joystick to select a line, then i pressed it and chose "lookup", then it showed the line i had selected and... that is as far as i got. i couldn't find how to choose the word or see the definition, alas. i will have to study hard during the next three months and hopefully godzil will bring the kindle next time and i can try it again.

Quote:

arg ! i spent all evening looking for that button !!! now i need some directions for that also !! i will try that out next time when i test the dictionary.

Quote:
It's now getting late and one, at least, at the Snowpéro has overdone it, I think.

that was alfy. he has been working too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It was a lovely evening and it was good to see everyone again. And the new venue was very pleasant.
Several people took some pictures and I expect that they will post them before long.
yep, we have a few photos coming soon. probably not tonight though. you will just have to be patient.

it was absolutely a lovely evening. although sadly the flu, the train strike, and the bad weather got the best of some of us, there were a few faithful apéro-ers who made it and we had a great time discussing all sorts of things (and trying to find the dictionary function on the kindle ). next time we are going to have a little word with the train gods to be sure there are no crazy mishaps !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:12 AM   #25
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Hello Patricia,

Were you able to get home after the apero ?
We heard about the Eurostar problems this week-end.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #26
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Talking

Quote:

Great picture Actually it would have felt very good to have all this fur on while plodding through the brown sludge we call snow in Paris... It wasn't that cold (0°C --some parts of France got -23°C ) but there was that sneaky chilly wind finding ways into the inside of your coat...you know what I mean?
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

a couple of photos for you :

don't miss godzil's excellent photos here.

now we are waiting to see aphrael's photos, too !
Old 12-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #28
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
don't miss godzil's excellent photos here.
and thanks for the pics. When's the next Apéro? I need to book a train....
Old 12-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

moar photos (thank you aphrael !) :

Quote:
yes book a train !! i don't know yet when we will have the next one, usually they are every 3 months which would be march, but it might be in the last week of february this time... but just keep an eye on the french lounge, you'll soon enough find out !
Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #30
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Talking

Quote:
Oh oui!!! I'll let you know, be sure of that!
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote