Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #1
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
How do I turn off Sync and not lose all the books on my Reader

Probably sounds like such a simple question but I need help. Syncing is screwing up my bookmarks and I'd much rather drag and drop. But...the last two times I've tried to turn off sync, it erased all the books on my reader...ERRRRR Do I A: plug in reader and then turn off Sync or B: turn off Sync and then plug in my reader? OR C: Am I totally out to lunch and it's something different?

I really don't want to load them all up a third time.

Thanks
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I don't think you can. If you turn off Sync, all the books will be un-synched.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

So let it erase them, and then just drag and drop back on?
Old 07-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, that's the way to go if you want to manually put books on the Reader.

I personally use Sync because then I can put the books in the order I want them in the Collection, and the sync will re-order them that way on the Reader.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

By the way, let us know if this resolves the bookmark problem for you.
Advert
Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
SHOECHICK
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
By the way, let us know if this resolves the bookmark problem for you.
I will thanks!! I might hold off on doing it for a while, at least finish the 3,000 page book I'm in the middle of

Thanks for your help, I thought I was doing something wrong.