Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
billyfred
billyfred began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Universal Flasher: .so file question

Hi all,
here is a question about the "libfskLoad.so" file in the universal flasher. (thanks to Igorsk by the way) Igorsk might be the one who answers it.
And maybe the answer will be usefull for other developpers too

Igorsk, how did you create the shared object file (.so) for the flasher ? Did you use a cross-compiler tool ?
I'm asking because I'd like to create simple programs for the reader. And maybe eventually try to make a port of gnuchess if its possible. If it works, I will post it on mobileread !
billyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yes, I used a cross-compiler. You can run simple programs using the "run script" option of the Universal Flasher.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
billyfred

Ok, thanks for the quick answer.
Could you tell me where I can get the cross-compiler ?
I found this thread about cross-compiling : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9071
Is this the one you used ?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
If you are interested in building for PRS-505, you can use crosstool-4.2 with gcc 2.95. Read this.

The binary modules will not be compatible with PRS-700 though. For PRS-700 you can use Sourcery G++ Lite EABI (based on gcc 4.3). You can find it here. I am sure you can find other distros of EABI gcc 4.3 that will work as well.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
billyfred

ok, thanks guys for your answers and time.
I'll start playing around with the compiler.
As for gnuchess, I'll try to port it but it might take me 1 month or a year, i don't know.
I'm just a beginner with this.
Thanks again
Advert