Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Slayda, my installation of OI reads epub. Are you sure your's doesn't? It's FBReader, which does epub quite well.
I'll try again but when I tried before, it seemed to open but only had blank pages. This was an Epub created with Calibre. Could that be a problem? Calibre read it just fine.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Most of the epubs I have are from Feedbooks. Maybe you could try one of those. Alternately, I've tried several epubs from the MR ebooks archive, most of them made by mtravellerh.

I can't comment on Calibre's epub output, as I've never used that program. Maybe Kovid is listening ....

Another thing you could try is your Calibre-produced epub on the desktop version of FBReader ....

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 03-02-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #18
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
quickhand, slayda.

Many, many thanks - you have answered the question(s) - I, and I am sure others, appreciate your descriptive reply.
Place this onto the wiki and you'll not have any other daft, senile twerp asking stupid questions.......

subject for my purpose
Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #19
daviddem
Connoisseur
daviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I've also had problems with Calibre-generated epub, and it seems to be a known issue. Search Calibre forum subsection for more info.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #20
scottdw
scottdw doesn't litterscottdw doesn't litterscottdw doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Along with the "What?" question, which I think quickhand has now answered, there is also a "Why?" question whose answer goes beyond just the functionality OpenInkpot does and could add to an e-reader device. This thread prompted me to upload an e-reader formatted version of "Free Software, Free Society". In this book the ideals and reasons behind the Free Software movement and projects like OpenInkpot explained and argued for.

As an aside: Thanks OIers! And keep up the great work!

Last edited by scottdw; 03-03-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 04:41 AM   #21
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddem View Post
I've also had problems with Calibre-generated epub, and it seems to be a known issue. Search Calibre forum subsection for more info.
Calibre-generated mobi files are also buggy. Take a look at this screenshot:
http://users.openinkpot.org/~lunohod/bad_mobi.png