Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Aargh! I broke another cover!!!

The first week I got my 505, the little plastic piece broke off of the cover. Thanks to a forum member, I got another cover.(thanks, Amanda). Well, it broke again. What bugs me is that it broke in my bag so I have no idea how exactly it happened. Of course Sony does not sell a replacement. Sigh. I don't want to buy an expensive aftermarket cover with insane shipping charges with a plastic connector that I will probably break in a month.

I think a sleeve with a solid cover would be a good option. Does anyone know of a sleeve that will fit the 505, or a cover that does not connect with a flimsy piece of plastic?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
Wow, that really stinks. I hope you find something that works.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 06:08 AM   #3
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Just found a sleeve on eBay that looked okay, but surprise, surprise, the sellers will only ship to the US. I knew this was going to happen. Short-sighted online sellers who either are too scared to ship overseas or charge more for shipping than the price of the case.

I am currently in China so I guess it is off to the knockoff markets tomorrow in Shanghai to find a replacement. I can probably find something for a few bucks.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I know some people used zip up day planner cases. You should check out office supply stores.

I keep mine in my purse and it hasn't broken yet *knockonwood*
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try the M-Edge Genuine Leather Executive Jacket for Sony Reader PRS-505. It does not used the plastic clips as shown in the photo. And right now, it's on sale for $29.99+shipping

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try the M-Edge Genuine Leather Executive Jacket for Sony Reader PRS-505. It does not used the plastic clips as shown in the photo. And right now, it's on sale for $29.99+shipping
I have the same one and it's really worth the price. Even if you have to pay another $20 for shipping, it's much cheaper than a new 505!
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
I feel like I keep pimping myself out for them by mentioning it all the time, but I ordered the i-nique cover. I haven't gotten it yet - I shipped it to the States since I'm leaving here in two weeks and I didn't want to risk missing it. There's no plastic involved, and the shipping is the same everywhere outside of the UK.

Although I'm impressed you've broken the plastic twice, since I haven't had a problem, but I don't really tweak my cover at all when I read (I hold it like a normal book). I also keep mine in my trusty homemade polycarbonate case when I stick it in my bag, since I'm paranoid like that, so you might want to try doing something like that.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I highly recommend the tuff-luv case:

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/d=...=5055205240633

Great if you sit in restaurants reading or otherwise require a stand.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The tuff-luv case will cost about $40 to send to the USA. It looks like a nice case.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
I recommend the M-Edge Executive case as well. I have had mine for a week now and am still in love. (go with the Mocha color!)
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
That was Swift, Tom.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote