Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Had no problems downloading both books.
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there any chance the PRC for MisStaked can actually be made a proper Mobipocket eBook? There is no ToC, the cover image is there twice, the font is fixed instead of default so when it's converted, it ends up in a sans-serif type font.

I just tried the PDF and it may be a security risk. I've disabled JavaScript because of the warning from Adobe about the security risk with JavaScript and I get a message saying Mis-Staked has JavaScript. Is there really a need for it?

Basically, I would suggest redoing both of these and at the least, deleting the PDF because of the JavaScript.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 04:01 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Yeah, download seems to be working fine now.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-08-2009 at 04:05 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #19
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Email? Password?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookguru View Post
I will make the links available on March 08. At that time I will be sending out an email to all of the subscribers on the list, and the email you signed up with will be the password.

I have the pdfs and the prcs for the books, so you'll be able to download either.

The only thing Ellen from Champagne asked me when she agreed to let us give away a couple of her books was that I counted the downloads and kept some sort of security over the links to download them (hence the reason we're doing it by signup).

I will be setting up AWeber to automatically send out the download links at midnight on March 07.

Regards,
Trevas Walker

When will the emails with the password be sent out? I signed up a week or two ago and figured the email to download would be out today since it's the 8th.

Just checking - thank you Trevas!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #20
ebookguru
ebookguru began at the beginning.

Device: BlackBerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
When trying to download the PRC's the following page appears instead of a download...

System Message

The file has been called from an unauthorized website. Make sure the file has been linked from an authorized domain or IP address. You can add more domains and IP addresses in the configuration file (index.php).

Note: Once the script configuration has been finished you can set off these system messages (index.php).

Run into problems? Script documentation and instructions: ./docu/index.html

Get answers to your questions in the support forum at the website of the Download Center Lite Script on STADTAUS.com.