Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
GreenApplePublic
GreenApplePublic began at the beginning.

Device: PDF
Free E-Book, Women's Fiction: "Jumble Pie" by Melanie Lynne Hauser

Jumble Pie is a heartwarming story about two women, a friendship, and a pie. The author has two published novels (Penguin Putnam) and is providing this as a thank you to readers!

"JUMBLE PIE is the story of the elusive nature of friendship, sometimes clinging, other times liberating; a story for any woman who has ever lied to her best friend just to make her feel better - and who has been brave enough to tell the truth, even when it hurts. And of course, it's a story about the remarkable healing power of pie."

Please visit http://www.melanielynnehauser.com/JumblePie to request a copy.

Last edited by GreenApplePublic; 01-12-2009 at 07:54 AM.
GreenApplePublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #2
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
Did anyone sign up for this and actually get the book? I didn't.
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 01:17 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I haven't yet
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:13 AM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
I signed up for the mailing list (by giving only my email address) and I received the email "Welcome to Jumble Pie - eBook", confirmed it by clicking the link in the email, then received "Jumble Pie - eBook Mailing List Confirmation". The second email says it may take up to 24 hours to receive the free eBook. I'll let you know...

OK, I received the file overnight and its a pdf, unfortunately. I'll try it out on my iLiad.

Last edited by cbell; 09-27-2008 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Updated
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archergal5219 View Post
Did anyone sign up for this and actually get the book? I didn't.
Yes, but as noted above, first you get a message about joining a email newsletter. You MUST confirm this by clicking the link (or following the directions - it's been a while since I did this). There is nothing in that message that tells you that the newsletter is really the book. It took a few hours, but I did get the book after that.

No doubt you can then cancel the "newsletter" at that point, but I never saw any other traffic. For those concerned that it's a ploy to get your address, just use a throw-away account that you can abandon. Starting a new one every month or so can greatly decrease junk mail from signing up for these offers everywhere.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
GreenApplePublic
GreenApplePublic began at the beginning.

Device: PDF
Jumble Pie - Women's Fiction ==> UPDATE

Recent Reviews:

http://www.kaysbookshelf.com/2009/01...ne-hauser.html

http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com...le-pie-by.html

http://estellabooks.blogspot.com/200...umble-pie.html

http://thoughtsonthearts.blogspot.co...ne-hauser.html

Jumble Pie is still available free in PDF format by visiting the author's website (www.melanielynnehauser.com/JumblePie) but is also now available on Kindle (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O5CLV6?...MMN86NW7MCM56&)

GreenApplePublic is offline   Reply With Quote