Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
price increase ?

So they've increased the price of the Cybook - on the Bookeen website at least. I paid £245 in October and it's showing as £269 now .. I checked once the 'new version with more memory' was out and it was still £245 so not sure when the increase happened ..

Doesn't bode well for any future version tho as it probably means they'll increase the price then too ..

Maybe in a couple of years when I'm in the market for a new one I'll pay more but it will be packed with new, can't bear to miss out on, features! (I have no idea what they would be as I'm quite happy with things as they stand!)

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Euro price is still €350; I suspect the change in the UK price is simply due to the fall in the value of the Pound against the Euro since the Gen3 was released.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
could that possibly be related to exchange rate fluctuations ? i ask because i just checked, and on the boookeen site the price is still listed as 350€ for the cybook and 450€ for the deluxe pack... i could be wrong, but i believe that's what it was originally.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Would be cheaper to purchase a Gen3 from the US and have it shipped to the UK.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Definitely cheaper, but there does seem to be a considerable delay if one orders from NAEB.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I wonder if BooksOnBoard would ship a Gen3 to the UK. That would work if they would.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Last Time I checked books on board only ship to the Continental USA (and maybe Canada). They also stress that the warranty is US only, so am not sure whether Bookeen will provide any support.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I wonder if BooksOnBoard would ship a Gen3 to the UK. That would work if they would.
Good question indeed .. the BOB price seems pretty good! .. just checked tho and http://www.e-readers.co.uk/products/cybook/cybook.htm are still selling it for £245 and the postage is less than I paid from Bookeen ..

Still loving my cybook tho .. it's hard to remember how I managed to read without it now! .. have arthritis so the light weight is awesome

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote