Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Mobipocket (OD) and (PX)

Hi All!

When I buy books at BooksonBoard, I am asked a choice between Mobipocket OD and Mobipocket PX what is the difference ???

I had my Cybook registered as (PX) and bought a few books without any problems. I recently bought "The Quickie" by James Patterson and when I wanted to read it, I was told to reregister my PID ??? I did it in OD and I was able to redownload the book and now I can read it.

Fictionwise does not ask me for that OD or PX. What is it all about ???

Regards,

Georges

P.S.: I now have the new firmware (685) and everything is peachy!!!
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They are books sold using two different Mobi DRM servers, hence you have to register PIDs with each one separately.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Thanks Harry!

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote