Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
Anyone get shipping notice for their Paperwhite 2 yet ??

not yet here nor a serial number
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
ordered about three hours ago and have a serial number and delivery of Oct 2nd... just soon to ship notice so far........
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Nothing here, but it's supposed to be here October 1st with Amazon Prime.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Nada. October 1 delivery.
Any moment now...
Now?...
How about now?...
Nothing yet...
Now?...

Last edited by Mookie; 09-27-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I have an Oct 2 delivery date.... Not expecting a shipping notice before Mon or Tue.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Sunday night is when you will see some activity. So I would start watching then. If you sign up for UPS my choice or Fed Ex Deliver Manager either program will send you email anytime a delivery is coming your way. It also gives you the time frame your driver will be there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Nothing yet.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you sign up for UPS my choice or Fed Ex Deliver Manager either program will send you email anytime a delivery is coming your way. It also gives you the time frame your driver will be there.
Thanks! I never knew this existed even though I ship with both of them
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

As I recall from last year, Amazon's shipping notices were sometimes seriously delayed due to the huge number of PW1s that were being shipped. Some people even reported receiving their PW1s before they got shipping notices. The serial number showing up in Manage My Kindles might be a better indication of whether the PW2 has shipped or is about to ship. Good luck every one and let us know what you think about the supposed improved lighting.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Nothing here, but it's supposed to be here October 1st with Amazon Prime.
I'm looking forward to hearing your review on the screen lighting. I hope you get a perfect one!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm looking forward to hearing your review on the screen lighting. I hope you get a perfect one!
Thanks so much, Jack! Fingers crossed!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #12
Outrager
Connoisseur
Outrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of lightOutrager is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sunday night is when you will see some activity. So I would start watching then. If you sign up for UPS my choice or Fed Ex Deliver Manager either program will send you email anytime a delivery is coming your way. It also gives you the time frame your driver will be there.
The time frame UPS gives me is never right unless it is "By end of day."
It also might only be accurate for next day deliveries though since I know those deliveries get priority.
Outrager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
Thanks! I never knew this existed even though I ship with both of them
I use them both and they worked great! I recently won a prize through a sweepstakes and didn't know when I would get it. I got a email from UPS the night before that they had a delivery schedule for the next day to my address. My UPS guy wont leave anything without you signing for it. He's Awesome. So I was waiting for him. You can even pay like $5 to schedule exactly when you want it delivered. I love that service!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #14
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
No S/N, not yet shipped, expected delivery for me is 10/2.

I use UPS my choice as well, ... Don't get too many FedEx deliveries.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
No S/N, not yet shipped, expected delivery for me is 10/2.

I use UPS my choice as well, ... Don't get too many FedEx deliveries.
I have Amazon Prime and they ship almost everything they can FedEx Smartpost.

Funny though I haven't had a UPS from Amazon in almost a year and I order from Amazon alot. I order the Kitties a small packet of pills and guess what it came UPS! My UPS guy even remarked how much he hasn't been up this way since I stop ordering as he handed me the tiny manilla envelope. I told him it's not me it's Amazon they are using Smartpost more and more but I should see you in October when I get the new Kindles. He was like "I just was going to ask if you ordered those." He knows me too well.