Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Kobo Desktop keeps deleting a book

I'm stumped.

I inadvertently deleted a kepub book off my Touch ereader (using the readers delete command).

When I connect to the Kobo Desktop, it subsequently deleted it off the Desktop and also removed it from my Kobo Web site Library's "I'm Reading" list.

I am now not able to reload that book back to the Touch ereader.

I am able to move the book to my Kobo Web site Library's "I'm Reading" list by bookmarking it in the Kobo Web site Purchased list, and it will indeed reload into the Kobo Desktop application, but once I connect the ereader to the Desktop app, the book deletes again from the Desktop.

How do I get the book back onto the reader (without sideloading)?

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Go into the store on your Touch, ltr. Search for the book, and download it from there. It may look like you can only get a preview or buy it, but the book should just download.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Go into the store on your Touch, ltr. Search for the book, and download it from there. It may look like you can only get a preview or buy it, but the book should just download.
Unfortunately, that just returns an "oops - server error".

ltr
Old 10-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
ltr--can you get it on another device--for example a phone or tablet or your Kobo WiFi? opened there, and paged forward a few pages, it should then sync with the Touch. When you synced it with the desktop app, did you actually open the book and "read" a page or two?

If all else fails, open a support ticket, I guess.

Last edited by taming; 10-01-2012 at 08:44 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
ltr
Addict

Thanks, taming. I decided to sideload the book using ADE, which appears to work fine. I was trying exclusively to use the Desktop app, but it appears that route isn't going to cooperate in this instance.
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
I'm stumped.

I inadvertently deleted a kepub book off my Touch ereader (using the readers delete command).

When I connect to the Kobo Desktop, it subsequently deleted it off the Desktop and also removed it from my Kobo Web site Library's "I'm Reading" list.

I am now not able to reload that book back to the Touch ereader.

I am able to move the book to my Kobo Web site Library's "I'm Reading" list by bookmarking it in the Kobo Web site Purchased list, and it will indeed reload into the Kobo Desktop application, but once I connect the ereader to the Desktop app, the book deletes again from the Desktop.

How do I get the book back onto the reader (without sideloading)?

ltr
If you bought that book, you can go in the "purchased" list on your kobo account, selefct the book and "bookmark" it. It shall return to your desktop app and so on.
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
It's a PITA but you can try logging out of the Desktop app and then logging back in. This will repopulate the Desktop app with all your purchased Kobo books.
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote