Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Free books from Tor

Hi everybody, this turned up in my twitter feed and I thought that I'd share*. Karl Schroeder and Tor are offering his novel Sun of Suns for free from April 25th from the Tor website. Details at:
http://www.kschroeder.com/weblog/dow...-of-suns-ebook

Karl Schroeder also offers his first novel, and various samples free on his website as well.

Also of possible interest, it appears that if one registers at Tor.com they have free e-books, comics, wall papers and other stuff periodically. Most are limited time offers, but some stay free. I've taken the liberty of digging out a couple of the links to some of the free stuff I found there. To get these, you must be registered with, and signed into Tor.com (I think. I was and they worked.)

-From Jane Lindskold, The Buried Pyramid in various drm free formats
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2008/11/jan...midfree-e-book

-From Lone Star Stories, an online anthology, a free collection of short fiction in PDF, The Lone Star Stories Reader
http://www.tor.com/blogs/2009/04/lon...eader-for-free

There may be more, but that's all I could find that were still being offered.

A big thank you to these authors and Tor for making these available!

*I have no affiliation with Tor, or any of the authors mentioned here, nor do I profit from this in any way.
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Thanks so much; I love Jane Lindskold's books and haven't read The Buried Pyramid
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you! I'm going to try The Buried Pyramid.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm not exactly clear on the Sun of Suns deal. If I sign up at Tor, I'll automatically get a link to the free book on 4/25?

I signed up to download The Buried Pyramid, so am I done? I'll get the 'Suns' link without asking for it?

I'm also not clear on how to find the other free books they mention.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
The Sun of Suns giveaway was from the Tor new site countdown free book giveaway from 4 years ago. I still have my email announcing it on 4/25/08. (Yes, I should clean out my old mail someday.)
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
The Sun of Suns giveaway was from the Tor new site countdown free book giveaway from 4 years ago. I still have my email announcing it on 4/25/08. (Yes, I should clean out my old mail someday.)
Oh. Yup, clean out your mail, and I guess the OP should clear out his twitter feed, too.

And I see I missed the free audio book version by a few years as well.

Rats.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete731 View Post
Hi everybody, this turned up in my twitter feed and I thought that I'd share*. Karl Schroeder and Tor are offering his novel Sun of Suns for free from April 25th from the Tor website. Details at:
http://www.kschroeder.com/weblog/dow...-of-suns-ebook
http://www.kschroeder.com/weblog/topics/ebooks

That's actually from April 2008. Go to the link I posted and you will see.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It looks like they gave it away on Amazon about three months later, too.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Oh well, at least now I'm registered at Tor.com.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Oh! I actually downloaded The Buried Pyramid (and Charles de Lint's Spiritwalk) back when they were first made freebies, but I somehow deleted my copies. Now I can get them back! Yay!

I haven't read Spiritwalk (yet), but I HAVE read TBP and I remember it being a fun historical fantasy/archaeological mystery adventure thing, with a bit of romance (I think?).
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
Pete731
Connoisseur
Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Pete731 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Oops. Apologies to everyone, it appears I am in error. Don't know how I managed that one, but previous posters are correct, the deal was over long ago. Sorry to anyone confused, I feel rather silly now.
Pete731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
ApK

The author could do with putting a date on his blog posts.