Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket eDge
software way to activate hibernation on PE?

Is there a software app that can activate hibernation mode on the PE? Most of the time, closing the PE will put it to sleep, but mor eoften than not, it doesn't. I have to keep an eye on the LED to make sure that it actually goes to sleep.
rebeltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Did you ever upgrade to Ermine, Taz? I forget. If you didn't, hibernation works better in Ermine. If you did I don't have a good answer for you (sorry! ).

Bad answer: Hold the rotate button down until the "eDGe options" menu pops up and tap "Hibernate". But I seem to remember there are problems with this approach. Someone help me here -- is it okay to enter hibernation from the rotate button menu on an Erminized PE??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
yes. i do it all the time
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Did you ever upgrade to Ermine, Taz? I forget. If you didn't, hibernation works better in Ermine. If you did I don't have a good answer for you (sorry! ).

Bad answer: Hold the rotate button down until the "eDGe options" menu pops up and tap "Hibernate". But I seem to remember there are problems with this approach. Someone help me here -- is it okay to enter hibernation from the rotate button menu on an Erminized PE??

Actually, this a good answer. I almost never put my PE into hibernate by closing the lid and use the Rotate button method instead. Never had a single problem doing it this way either.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
rebeltaz
Connoisseur
rebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enoughrebeltaz will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket eDge
Oh man... you people are going to MAKE me upgrade, aren't you?

I do not have the Hibernate option when I long-hold the Rotate button. I have Power Off, Airport Mode and one other I forget what it is. I guess that is an Ermine option?
rebeltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert