Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #31
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I had a feeling that is what it was. It works that way in Kindle 4 PC too.
Oh gosh! Please spell it out. And post in the tips thread!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Oh gosh! Please spell it out. And post in the tips thread!
Tips thread? Okay when in the book conversion window in Calibre go the Mobi output section you will see [pdoc] remove that from the box and reconvert the book.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-15-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #33
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All hail Queen Blossom!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #34
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Now, to figure out google market...
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
All hail Queen Blossom!!!
Now if you want to synch your personal docs you need that tag to be left in and you need to email the books to your Kindle not sideload via USB.

Calibre by default puts that tag on all mobi books. You can in preferences fix it to leave it out permanently.
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #36
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Tips thread?...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157184

The sticky thread above this section.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157184

The sticky thread above this section.
Okay done!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #38
SCION
Séduisant

Guess I'll stop the conversion process and redo it. Man, this takes awhile.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #39
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Okay done!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Now, to figure out google market...
I don't know if I would attempt that. I know how to sideload the Market but it may work and it may not. I'm not brave enough to try. I'll stick with getting apps from my phone then putting them on the Fire.

I do know you can install other Markets. Someone put Getjar on theirs without issues. The Android Market requires Framework to be installed then Installing the Market after you can use Google apps but like I said attempting it would be for someone who is brave!

Last edited by Blossom; 11-15-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #41
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
How do you get an app from your phone and put it on the fire?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #42
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
How do you get an app from your phone and put it on the fire?
Easy. On your phone install ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager. Both are free but I prefer ES File Manager.

Install the app you want then open ES File Explorer and choose App Manager and hit the multi select button at the top (It has + on it) Then select the apps you want to backup, Hit menu button then hit backup. It will backup the app into a apk file then just move that file to your Fire and install.

You will find the apk files in the backup folder on your SD Card on your phone.

I found this site that will let you download apk files directly to your PC!

Last edited by Blossom; 11-15-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #43
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
My guess it has to with the pdoc tag. Do a mobi to mobi conversation in Calibre and change the pdoc option in mobi output section of the conversion window.
Thanks! This worked for me!

I reconverted the non-Amazon book in Calibre and removed the [PDOC] tag. Then I dropped it into the Books folder on the Fire. Now the book shows up under Books and in the Carousel.

When I e-mailed it to the Fire using Calibre it showed up in Docs and the Carousel.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #44
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF View Post
Thanks! This worked for me!

I reconverted the non-Amazon book in Calibre and removed the [PDOC] tag. Then I dropped it into the Books folder on the Fire. Now the book shows up under Books and in the Carousel.

When I e-mailed it to the Fire using Calibre it showed up in Docs and the Carousel.
Okay that's good to know! I always email my books to my cloud so good to know it doesn't mess them up.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:10 AM   #45
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
Quote:
Easy. On your phone install ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager. Both are free but I prefer ES File Manager.

Install the app you want then open ES File Explorer and choose App Manager and hit the multi select button at the top (It has + on it) Then select the apps you want to backup, Hit menu button then hit backup. It will backup the app into a apk file then just move that file to your Fire and install.

You will find the apk files in the backup folder on your SD Card on your phone.

I found this site that will let you download apk files directly to your PC!
This method to side load works, but the icon resolution in the carousel was pretty bad... bad enough for me to uninstall the app.
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote