Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Merbear
Enthusiast
Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PRS-600 & Kobo & PRS-650, iTouch and iPad2
Collections

I just updated to the new Reader software and now can't do anything with my Collections. I want to delete some and the help tells me to select the collection and hit delete, or edit and delete or do something on the 'action bar'. Well, nothing happens when I hit delete (unlike the previous Reader software), and my edit doesn't show a delete collection option and I have no idea where this 'action bar' is!!!
Frustrating....I only use this software to manage my collections - otherwise use Calibre but haven't been able to figure out if Calibre will let me do collections.
Merbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I cannot give you any help when it comes to the Reader library.

The tags in Calibre works as Collections. Say you tag a book as Crime, then it shows up in the Collection Crime on your reader. Hope this helps
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
What collections are you trying to delete? Are they on the computer or on the reader?

If on the computer, select the collection you want to delete and pick one of the following ways to delete the collection:

- hit the delete button on your keyboard
- right click your mouse and select delete
- click on Edit, then select delete & it'll ask if you want to delete the collection

It's very easy to do.

If you want to delete collections on your reader itself while connected to your computer that depends on how you sync your books to your reader.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I cannot give you any help when it comes to the Reader library.

The tags in Calibre works as Collections. Say you tag a book as Crime, then it shows up in the Collection Crime on your reader. Hope this helps
I am pretty new to the Sony eReader (pre-ordered my T1). So, if I tag a book in Calibre as Crime + Courtroom + Forensics, it will show up in 3 different Collections on my T1?
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
Merbear
Enthusiast
Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

thanks so much!!!! I edited the tags in Calibre (took them out) and then re-loaded my books and now only the collections I set are showing, not the tags. Just what I wanted!! Happy now - don't have to use the Reader software for anything.
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Merbear
Enthusiast

Shopaholic...I was able to to what you said in the previous version but just don't have those options in the new version. I tried...believe me I tried. And my edit does not have any option to delete.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
What version of the Reader Library are you running? At the top, probably what they're calling the Action Bar, click on Help then About Reader Library.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I am pretty new to the Sony eReader (pre-ordered my T1). So, if I tag a book in Calibre as Crime + Courtroom + Forensics, it will show up in 3 different Collections on my T1?
Yes, you are correct. There are no sub-folders (sub-collections) as such; you may be able to create a collection like "Crime_Courtroom&Forensics", though I've never tried that.

Last edited by SeaBookGuy; 10-02-2011 at 06:23 PM.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
We may need to be a little patient for Calibre and Sony Collections to work correctly on the new PRS-T1. See this thread, especially post #9.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
We may need to be a little patient for Calibre and Sony Collections to work correctly on the new PRS-T1. See this thread, especially post #9.
Hmmmm... that doesn't sound very good to me. I hope there is some developer there that will want to upgrade to the T1. I'll have to think of something to do. I guess I could use the new desktop software from Sony and use that until Calibre is integrated with the T1. I'll just have to prepare everything tag wise on Calibre as if it did support it and be ready for when it does.

Anyway, Jackie, do you think your plugin will work with it or are you going to have to re-write it a bit?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merbear View Post
thanks so much!!!! I edited the tags in Calibre (took them out) and then re-loaded my books and now only the collections I set are showing, not the tags. Just what I wanted!! Happy now - don't have to use the Reader software for anything.
You didn't have to eliminate tags in calibre. You just needed to customize the Sony device interface plugin via Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins - Sony.

In the attached image my Sony device has collections created by Series, by Tags and a special All Books sorted by Author (aba) collection. It would be just as simple to remove tags from the list and no collections would be created by tag information. If you replace tags with author_sort, collections based on each author on your device would also be created. Very flexible and automatic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony_plugin.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	77278  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 AM   #12
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Anyway, Jackie, do you think your plugin will work with it or are you going to have to re-write it a bit?
Based on the thread I referenced it looks as if the Copy Cover plugin would need to be modified to work with the PRS-T1. Until I have one in my grubby mitts I'm not sure how easy/difficult that will be.

Good news - I do have one on pre-order.
Bad news - I'm in the UK and we seem to be 2nd-class citizens as far as new model ereaders are concerned so you'll probably receive yours several weeks before I receive mine

On the other hand, the T1 may already have a standard feature of "use-current-book-cover-as-Standby-image". In which case, T1 owners may not want to use my plugin at all.

If the T1 doesn't have a new standard feature I will do all I can to get my plugin to work ASAP.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
jersysman
Wizard

Quote:
Based on the thread I referenced it looks as if the Copy Cover plugin would need to be modified to work with the PRS-T1. Until I have one in my grubby mitts I'm not sure how easy/difficult that will be.

Good news - I do have one on pre-order.
Bad news - I'm in the UK and we seem to be 2nd-class citizens as far as new model ereaders are concerned so you'll probably receive yours several weeks before I receive mine

On the other hand, the T1 may already have a standard feature of "use-current-book-cover-as-Standby-image". In which case, T1 owners may not want to use my plugin at all.

If the T1 doesn't have a new standard feature I will do all I can to get my plugin to work ASAP.
If no one lets you know beforehand, I'll let you know as soon as I receive mine. Unfortunately, I ordered the red one (to match my cell phone), so I will not be getting it for a few weeks.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
...Unfortunately, I ordered the red one...
Me too So mine may also be delayed.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 AM   #15
Robert22
Zealot
Robert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRobert22 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: PRS-505 600 300 350 T1 T2 Kindle PW1 PW2 KV Clara 2E Libra 2 Leaf 2
Quote:

Hi Jackie, I just got the T1 and it does have the feature to display the book cover as the standby image built in.
HTH
Robert22 is offline   Reply With Quote