Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
CEW4
CEW4 began at the beginning.

Device: Oyo, Kindle
add numerous PDFs

Hi,

perhaps someone could share a tip with me:

I'd like to import numerous (about one hundred) PDFs as books into Calibre. The file names are in a defined format

[series_number] - [title].pdf

The PDF info is not (especially the books' titles), but fields like "Author" are usually filled correctly. Cover images appear to be present (or maybe Calibre just shows the first page.) Anyhow, as I see it, I now have two choices:

a) Import by filename only and fill in every single metadata record of every book

or

b) Import by PDF-metadata and correct every book title, as well as re-sorting the books into the correct order.

Naturally, I'm not keen on either workload. Is there another way I might be missing?

Regards,
CEW4
CEW4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
well you could always import by filename and download the metadata.

Try one or two books and see what works best.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert