Export clippings as HTML 9 42.86%
Copy clipping text to clipboard 7 33.33%
Sort clippings by location not date 14 66.67%
Other, please post 2 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #16
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3 - 3g, Samsung Galaxy Note
I have updated the application and it now imports your file perfectly fine. As for the non ASCII characters, this is not a fault with the application but a limitation of Java and your system. The characters display fine on my system. I am presuming that your using windows, there seems to be problems with java's character support on this platform. So there is nothing I can do to my knowledge to fix this.

The update is available in the same place as before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
Have you all seen this:

http://klippingskollector.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearr View Post
In addition to this nice app you may also try this one. It works with non-ASCI symbols and if you'd like to export notes in an xml-format file you may add a custom export pattern to do that.
I would appreciate it if people would not hijack this thread to advertise their own applications as it discourages people to even look at what I have to offer.

I have spent many hours of my personal time building this application and I am giving it to you for free. If you report problems I am happy to fix them as quickly as I can. I will even release the source code once I have tidied it up and documented it so people can build upon this application in the future if they wish.
wiccan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #17
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiccan2 View Post
I have updated the application and it now imports your file perfectly fine. As for the non ASCII characters, this is not a fault with the application but a limitation of Java and your system. The characters display fine on my system. I am presuming that your using windows, there seems to be problems with java's character support on this platform. So there is nothing I can do to my knowledge to fix this.
Thanks for your effort. I really appreciate it.

I tried with the new one. Now it imports quickly. However when I export it as html, I can't see texts .Only see these properties:
Spoiler:
Type: Highlight
Start location: 5015
End location: 19
Page: 328
Date: 11/08/2010
Time: 23:02
also attached the hml file:Kindle Clipping Organizer Export.zip

Also solved ascii problem by using [encoding>convert to ascii] on notepad++

Last edited by thomass; 09-21-2011 at 12:55 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #18
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

New version uploaded, as the HTML export feature was last minute it was added quite quickly and I forgot to add code to export the text.

At the moment I think the HTML output is a bit ugly, if there is anyone out there more comfortable with HTML I would be open to modifying the code to allow a better output if anyone has any suggestions/HTML code they would like to offer.

Thank you for your help in debugging it is much appreciated.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #19
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiccan2 View Post
New version uploaded, as the HTML export feature was last minute it was added quite quickly and I forgot to add code to export the text.

At the moment I think the HTML output is a bit ugly, if there is anyone out there more comfortable with HTML I would be open to modifying the code to allow a better output if anyone has any suggestions/HTML code they would like to offer.

Thank you for your help in debugging it is much appreciated.
Thanks, it is ok now.

BTW: You may consider to not include
Bookmarks (since it has no use )

and

Type:
Start location or page
End location:
Time:
since they have less importance and affect readability.
or can ask before export (or a settings page, etc)

Last edited by thomass; 09-21-2011 at 02:07 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #20
wiccan2
Connoisseur

So long as no one reports any more bugs over the next week or so I will start implementing new features. The goal of this release was to make sure that the core functionality was working and fix any problems that occur. I don't want to jump the gun and end up debugging old bugs while I have half implemented features in the code.

I was thinking a simple dialog that appeared when the export option was clicked and presented the user with check boxes to either include or exclude items. Maybe even an option to organize the order shown. For HTML I was thinking some form of settings to enable custom styling, possibly a CSS file.

The possibility for new features is potentially endless and I'm open to suggestions. The one thing I don't want to happen though is for the program to become too bloated. I would ask people to suggest new features here in this thread, it would also be nice for people to state which suggested features they would most like so I can get a feel for which features I should add first.
Advert