Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
kkinser
Newbie with a Bullet
kkinser began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
clipping limit on a personal document

I know about the clipping limits on books imposed by the publisher, but why did I just hit a clipping limit on a Microsoft Word document that was sent to me directly by the author? Does Amazon impose clipping limits whenever documents are sent through wi-fi? If so, how do I disable it in documents (or what is the author setting that should be changed when the document is created)?
kkinser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
This is interesting. I hadn't experienced it before but this might also affect the new personal documents service. Anybody else has any experience with it?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't pretend to know the why's or when's of the clipping limit being applied to conversions and personal documents, but...

If the document has DRM, there is no way (any more) to remove the clipping limit without first stripping the DRM.

If the document is DRM-free (as in your case), it should be possible to eliminate a clipping limit by deleting exth header type 401 with something like mobi2mobi.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote