Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
v100
v100 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for iPad
Metadata changes not showing in iPad 2 Kindle App

I have converted some books from ePub to MOBI using calibre, changed the metadata but it is not showing the changes in Kindle for iPad2.

The author's name appears as Chrichton, Michael in Kindle but in Calibre both the author name and sort name is Crichton, Michael.
I have tried changing it to something random but it does not update.
I have deleted the file from both my Pc and iPad and tried it from scratch but it does not change.
I have downloaded the metadata and is does not change.
I have view the prf file and it is correct.

This is happening for about 12 books with author and/or titles not updating.

Anyone have any suggestions?
v100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Which steps exactly, starting with the ePub, did you do for this? How did you transfer the books to your device?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by v100 View Post
I have converted some books from ePub to MOBI using calibre, changed the metadata but it is not showing the changes in Kindle for iPad2.
Change the metadata, then convert (embedding the metadata) then delete the book off of your iPad and resend the newly converted book to your iPad.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
v100
v100 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for iPad
thanks dwanthny
The trick seems to be change the epub metadata then covert to mobi.
v100 is offline   Reply With Quote