Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #691
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is it possible to get a report of which Mobi format is (when) present (old/new/both)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #692
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Would it be possible to add a check for when <blockquote> is used throughout the ebook instead of <p>?

I've noticed this in some terribly formatted ebooks, artificially setting the margins larger than they should be. It'd be great to have an automated way to find them, like the other useful options in this plugin.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #693
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh3 View Post
First, thanks to KiwiDude for an awesome plugin. I use it regularly.

Now, a question. In the series gaps function, is it possible to add an option to suppress series that do not have gaps in the report? I ask because I am trying to rationalize a 16000 volume library, and the gaps report is 37 pages long! If I could set the report to only show the series that are missing books, it would simplify the process a lot.

[Edited to add this]
Also, is the sort on the report case sensitive? If so, would it be possible to either remove the case sensitive part, or make in an option? It is quite annoying to find a series that should be in the 'A's at the very end of the list.

Thanks
I will change the report for the next version so that only books with gaps are included on it, and also make sure the series sort is case insensitive.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:46 AM   #694
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
Would it be possible to add a check for when <blockquote> is used throughout the ebook instead of <p>?

I've noticed this in some terribly formatted ebooks, artificially setting the margins larger than they should be. It'd be great to have an automated way to find them, like the other useful options in this plugin.
You can do this with Search ePubs feature, with a Find expression of "<blockquote" with a scope set to "HTML content".
Old 01-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #695
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by naval View Post
I have a small number of epubs that i cannot open. I get the error message "Invalid ZIP file, local header is damaged".

I tried to run the Quality Check plugin, I tried all the options, but the corrupted epubs were all reported as fine.

Can I even use this plugin to check for corrupt headers in files or un-openable files in general? What options would I have to choose to do so? And if not, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help as well as for the plugin. I use it regularly and it helps a lot!
Any of the ePub menu checks will result in the plugin attempting to open the ePub. And any failures to open should appear in the log output.
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #696
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony.burton4 View Post
Firstly can I say what a marvellous addition this is to Calibre - Such a timesaver!

Question:
When I run the "Check Calibre Conversion" check - it presumably runs a number of checks on the books, one of which is checking for a calibre cover.
Is there anyway to disable the cover check part - so that if the only change is to add a cover in calibre, the book is not flagged?

Many Thanks
Tony
Actually this check only runs one test - and that is looking in the OPF metadata for calibre:timestamp or a contributor element for calibre. It does not test for the presence or lack thereof for a cover at all.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #697
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is it possible to get a report of which Mobi format is (when) present (old/new/both)?
I don't know what you mean by old/new mobi format?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #698
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
But these are structural checks? so within the book?

e.g. Check iTunes files (gives a log) vs Check Calibre Bookmark files (no log)

hmm...that forces me to do the same thing in different ways.. guess that means customizing...thanks, seems I've got my work cut out for me.

e.g. with the non-dc:metadata I would have gladly had a log instead with what it found incorrect since the highlight is non-permanent and all it tells me is that that book has "some" kind of weirdness in the metadata but not what.
Whether there is a log or not is dictated by whether I thought there might be something useful in the output.

For bookmark files, there is only one bookmark file, it is either present or not. For iTunes there are a couple of files it checks for, so I thought it might be useful to include in the log which of them it found. Though in reality people probably don't care for that particular check...

The non dc:metadata check is a bit of an edge case. It really should only be of interest to people who are publishing their ePubs through some specific websites that will reject such data being present. For the other 99.99% of users you shouldn't ever need to even run this check...
Old 01-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #699
kiwidude

v1.9.9 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Make Series Gaps report case insensitive
  • Do not include Series with no gaps in the report
  • When changing configuration preferences, preserve the search scope
Old 01-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #700
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Preferences: output options (conversion): Mobi output: Kindle Options: Mobi file type:

How do I determine which version is stored in the library?

Last edited by theducks; 01-05-2014 at 10:35 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 01-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #701
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Quote:
Preferences: output options (conversion): Mobi output: Kindle Options: Mobi file type:

How do I determine which version is stored in the library?
"old"=.mobi (KF7)
"new"=.azw3 (KF8)
"both"=.mobi (KF7 + KF8)

"both" is called a "joint mobi" and is a pain in the neck since it takes some work to figure out whether it is .mobi (KF7) or joint .mobi (KF7 + KF8)

It confuses the plugboards, among other problems.

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-05-2014 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #702
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
You can do this with Search ePubs feature, with a Find expression of "<blockquote" with a scope set to "HTML content".
I get a great many results. Is there some way of differentiating the books where <blockquote> is used, say over 500 times (likely being used instead of <p>), as opposed to at the beginning of each chapter or once?
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #703
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Any of the ePub menu checks will result in the plugin attempting to open the ePub. And any failures to open should appear in the log output.
I have recenlty found some books (epub) which Calibre could not open (error messages were e.g. "no valid format" or something like this).

I checked the whole library with Quality Check to find all these "broken" books but the number of options in the subcategory for epubs is confusing.

So I did a check for "manifest missing"
and got not also entries with missing manifests but also entries with
"ERROR: EPUB format is missing: .."

I assume I can delete all these because they are broken anyway but how do I get a list in the interface?
There are too many to simply enter each file (from the log) and delete it manually (and yes, I am a bit lazy).

Is there a simple way to check if a file is corrupted beyond fixing in bulk for epub and/or mobi?
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #704
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post
I have recenlty found some books (epub) which Calibre could not open (error messages were e.g. "no valid format" or something like this).

I checked the whole library with Quality Check to find all these "broken" books but the number of options in the subcategory for epubs is confusing.

So I did a check for "manifest missing"
and got not also entries with missing manifests but also entries with
"ERROR: EPUB format is missing: .."

I assume I can delete all these because they are broken anyway but how do I get a list in the interface?
There are too many to simply enter each file (from the log) and delete it manually (and yes, I am a bit lazy).

Is there a simple way to check if a file is corrupted beyond fixing in bulk for epub and/or mobi?
Can be done with any search response (green search term):

a)If only results Show: Select all (Ctrl-A or click just above the ROW numbers.

b) (Highlight results mode) I don't know how to select all of just the hilghted?

Tap 'E' (bulk mode) and add a Tag of your choice
Old 01-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #705
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Can be done with any search response (green search term):

a)If only results Show: Select all (Ctrl-A or click just above the ROW numbers.

b) (Highlight results mode) I don't know how to select all of just the hilghted?

Tap 'E' (bulk mode) and add a Tag of your choice
Um. Can you repeat this in English please?

Why add a tag?
Why mark all? What for? If I check for lets say missing jacket the results contain files with missing jackets and nothing else. The log file shows "missing jacket" as well as other errors but that does not help if you have many books.
And missing jacket does not mean you can't open the book and read it.

I usually have searchhighlighting disabled so it shows only the search matches.

To find potential corrupt epub files I use quality check plugin since - as said above - it tries to open the epub and if the file is corrupt it can not be opened.

However regardless which check option I use I only see the results while others e.g. the "no epub format" are only listed in the log file.

If I enable search highlighting the whole library is displayed with the search matches highlighted but again this is of no use because I still do not know which entries caused the "no epub format" error.

I hope I explained it better now.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote