Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
BookDesigner - clarification needed on a possible setting?

Bookbinder just posted his "Arabian Nights" file. One thing I'm trying to do, that he did, is this: Within the body of the TEXT, the links are not underlined. They're just there, and they're active. That's how I prefer it. (On his TOC, the entire title (all the words) are underlined.)

He made available the HTML0 file. On MINE, when I convert, the first word of a title within the body of the TEXT is underlined. Remember, I want NO underlines within the body of the text. (On my TOC, only the first word is underlined, while on his, every word in the TOC is underlined.)

This is what I want:
I want no underlines whatsoever on an active link within the text.

My version of BookBinder is 5.0, but my last update is - checking now - 4/12/2007.

I'm hesitant to upgrade to the latest, as there have been reports - from Harry and a few others - of crashing, etc.

Perhaps I haven't toggled something on within BD itself? Other than that, I've been able to do essentially what I want in BD - a great program.

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Anais9000
Connoisseur
Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Anais9000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
I think we've finally got the answer to this one, Doctor!

In the html fragment editor, check the whole code box. Then click the find button, and do a find/replace using
bdn__ changes into BdToc_

Notice that the the first string has 2 underscores at the end, and the replacement string has only 1. Also, type upper/lower case just as shown.

This seems to be some kind of undocumented BD setting, which does exactly what you describe you want. I would still like to figure out how to get rid of the underlines in the TOC itself; I also don't think I'm going to use this method because the highlighting of the chapter heading only happens on the first line.

EDIT: Actually, I'm wrong about that. It seems to highlight the whole chapter heading. What's more, you can underline as much or as little of the TOC entry as you like, by shifting the </a> over to the left. For instance, instead of:
2. &nbsp;The Harrison Street Police Court</A>
you can have:
2.</A> &nbsp;The Harrison Street Police Court

So this looks like a complete solution, finally!

Last edited by Anais9000; 07-14-2007 at 05:45 PM.
Anais9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert