Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
For those who need to have a book feel, NEC has the answer for you!

Personally I dislike applications that try to mimic a book look or effect. I don't see the point just make a good software app where I can read text.

Anyhow rant off this book look a like really peaks my interest. The dual screens can act as one screen or two independent screens. Sweet!

The devices is running Android 2.1 and is targeted for Students, Educators, and Business folks. (pst... don't forget the eReader crowd now).

Anyhow here is video of he product.

<Phandroid>
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
That's pretty cool. Wish it was eInk though
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
Kali Yuga
Professional Contrarian
Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kali Yuga ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touchie
Meh

The double screen design has made a few appearances, and seems like it has yet to catch on.

I have no interest in doubling the weight just to replicate a dying media form. YMMV of course.
Kali Yuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
I have no interest in doubling the weight just to replicate a dying media form.
"Dying", how dramatic!

A way that I would LOVE to see all these e-book reading device manufacturers appeal to my crowd (the fine book collecting crowd) and possibly make some devices more book like would be e-readers with leather or cloth back-plates or something rather than the fairly standard plastic or slightly grippy but basically still plastic plates they use now. I would pay for something like this. I so very much would.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I gotta say I like the idea of being able to use one screen as a keyboard. I have issues with touch screens and partial screen keyboard things.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
Meh

The double screen design has made a few appearances, and seems like it has yet to catch on.

I have no interest in doubling the weight just to replicate a dying media form. YMMV of course.
At least it is less bulky than most of the other designs.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I think it distracts us a lot with 2 screens (one of which is useless). and it must be heavy too.
but as =X= said, it's for those who need an extra screen just to feel that they're reading a paper book.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Even books are made to be read 1 page at a time why would you want a 2 page reader.
You have to move your head from side to side instead of just pressing a button.
But maybe I am just lazy.
One page stylus based with ability to write could be good for proof readers, editors
and student but apart from that I don't see them being useful as reading device.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
For the scholastic and technical markets this might be a good design if the software somehow permits text on one screen and footnotes on the other.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
Fringecup
Enthusiast
Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'Fringecup has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Sony Reader 600 Touch Edition
I'm not a particularly "like the feel of a paper book" person, but I do really like the effect I get with the looseleaf-binder feel of my Sony 600 with the cover attached. I find it's easier to hold than the same ebook reader without the cover, and I know that when it's off and my dog steps on it or something like that happens, the screen is protected!
Fringecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #11
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
They should make one with 700 thin screens stacked and bound like a book.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #12
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Personally I dislike applications that try to mimic a book look or effect. I don't see the point just make a good software app where I can read text.

Anyhow rant off this book look a like really peaks my interest. The dual screens can act as one screen or two independent screens. Sweet!

The devices is running Android 2.1 and is targeted for Students, Educators, and Business folks. (pst... don't forget the eReader crowd now).

Anyhow here is video of he product.

<Phandroid>

Yeah this was a great little tablet, we got a little hands on with this too,

goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:44 AM   #13
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
that's interesting, OtterBooks
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 AM   #14
BlueJean
Ooh, magnets!
BlueJean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
I'd buy it!
BlueJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
On an aside note apart from feeling like a book, which is really not the value here. There was a study a year or so ago that concluded the ideal eReader, for students, educators, and business men, should have two screens.

The reason is was that a split screen would be optimal for multitasking. As in having multiple books open for quick references or a book plus a word processing app for doing research.

Most current eReaders with only one screen do multitasking poorly. It's a pain to have to switch between books and even worse if you have to switch between books and apps.

I think most of us here in MR are leisure readers so the need to multitask is not great. But this product fills a huge gap where mobility, ebooks and actual work can become feasible.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote