Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #751
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Yes it would be nice if the read books actually reopened to the end like most ereaders. Then you could use the Kobo Utilities Plugin.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #752
lsmod
lsmod began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I tested now the Kobo Touch update to version 2.6.1.
The keyboard is working better but i still miss a real QWERTY layout.

The WLAN of the Kobo Touch is still wasted because of missing a satisfying browser.
Nearly every webpage of the world is designed for a landscape screen and the massive flickering of the screen gives the rest that you don't want to use it.
Maybe it is better that the browser can only be opened so complicated.

The main function of reading works well - thank you!
But there is really much wasted potential for this good device ...
lsmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #753
Risto40
Enthusiast
Risto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to beholdRisto40 is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Location of new page of pdf books in landscape mode

It would be great if the reader could remember zoomed-in page location from the left side, so that when i turn page, i do not have to adjust/move page in to set it in right place. Usually all pages have same white area at sides. So if reader would remember location from left side of the currently read book, it would be a nice new feature.

Last edited by Risto40; 08-09-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Risto40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #754
Donads
Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Full screen cover on screensaver.

The option for having your last read book's cover shown in full screen as your screensaver when sleeping/powered off is great, though I REALLY would love being able to disable that ugly box which shows the Sleeping/Powered off state, % read and estimated time left.

It ruins the cover and I think it'd look much better turned off.

As I've found nothing regarding this, I really look forward to seeing it implemented soon.

Thank you,
Yan.
Donads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #755
lsmod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donads View Post
It ruins the cover and I think it'd look much better turned off.
You must know if the device is in sleep mode or powered off.

It would be much greater if the previews on the main page would not be so small that you can't identify the book.
An additional text with the title would solve the problem.
Advert
Old 08-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #756
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Why has the slider in the list of books disappeared?
I have 118 pages of books. Am I supposed to swipe through 116 pages to find the book I want to read?

And, still, it doesn't save orientation and zoom of PDF files.
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:12 AM   #757
lsmod

Yes - that's a good question.

It would be also a very good idea if it would be possible to filter the list for the books that are already pushed into a shelf/rack.
Here it is the same problem: You can't identify much books with the small preview. There should be shown the author and title (additional).
Old 08-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #758
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiflhjla8 View Post
I have 118 pages of books. Am I supposed to swipe through 116 pages to find the book I want to read?

And, still, it doesn't save orientation and zoom of PDF files.
But you can also type the page number, can't you? For me it's as good a guess as the slider was, but to each its own
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #759
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
But you can also type the page number, can't you? For me it's as good a guess as the slider was, but to each its own
Didn't know that But it's a bit complicated ...
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #760
Donads
Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmod View Post
You must know if the device is in sleep mode or powered off.

It would be much greater if the previews on the main page would not be so small that you can't identify the book.
An additional text with the title would solve the problem.
Not when you don't even turn it off
Donads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #761
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiflhjla8 View Post
Tap on the "Page X of Y" text and it'll let you enter a page number.

Personally, I miss the old "Books X-Y of Z" format, just because it actually told me how many books I have loaded. I don't mind the tap-and-enter interface, but I want that total back!
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #762
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Tap on the "Page X of Y" text and it'll let you enter a page number.

Personally, I miss the old "Books X-Y of Z" format, just because it actually told me how many books I have loaded. I don't mind the tap-and-enter interface, but I want that total back!
I miss it as well. For navigation, I think "Page X of Y" is better, but the total number of books should be displayed somewhere. Yes, I can go "5*Y", but I'm far to lazy to do that each time

And I do miss the slider. I tend to turn pages in the library by running my finger along the bottom of the screen against the bezel. I keep think I should be turning more pages the further I move my finger.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #763
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I miss it as well. For navigation, I think "Page X of Y" is better, but the total number of books should be displayed somewhere. Yes, I can go "5*Y", but I'm far to lazy to do that each time

And I do miss the slider. I tend to turn pages in the library by running my finger along the bottom of the screen against the bezel. I keep think I should be turning more pages the further I move my finger.
I think they would have left the slider, but they ran out of room on the page and had no idea how to adjust it

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #764
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Here's a little thing: the vertical-centering of the book list is starting to annoy me. It's not the alignment per se, but the display algorithm that shows the text of the page, then has to shift things around once it loads the covers.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #765
garcimak
garcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheesegarcimak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo glo/H2O2V2 (T_T)
Manga reading

I like the snappiest slide of picture povided by newest fw but i really appreciate some details that would make kobo comfortable to read manga or comics in general

manga read mode :

There should be an option to tickle that affect changing page in zoom mode, (actually, you have to crawl the page up to the top at each turn over )

The next page would be automatically positioned at the top right (manga mode) or top left in normal playback mode.

UI wise :

in landscape mode controls should also be rotated.
garcimak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo