Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
bthrowsnaill
Dreamer
bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bthrowsnaill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Economicon: new free Lovecraftian short with current twist

I just uploaded a new short story that I wrote for the Halloween season. The premise is that the so-called financial crisis is actually the work of a secret society bent on bringing the chaos of slumbering Old Gods down upon an unsuspecting world.
It's a free download at Smashwords HERE .

Economicon:
The Destruction of Jeremy Cornwald
By B Throwsnaill

As I ran into the night, I knew that the events that I had just experienced had changed me forever. I was no longer Jeremy Cornwald: derivatives trader. I had become Jeremy Cornwald: bearer of terrible secrets, and keeper of knowledge so dark that it surely would strangle my soul.

As a financial acolyte, I had always been involved in the more esoteric financial instruments. Mortgage backed securities were my business. I understood the intricacies of the mathematics that governed the division of mortgages into classes of risk, called tranches. I also understood how the law of large numbers dictates that risk can be managed over groups of mortgages.

I thought that I had already stared into the very face of darkness, when I had witnessed the collapse of the old institutions like Northern Rock and Bear Sterns (among others). But nothing had prepared me for the trip that I took to that forlorn Long Island estate, on that dark September night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EconCoverDesign600.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	60310  

Last edited by bthrowsnaill; 10-29-2010 at 09:19 AM.
bthrowsnaill is offline   Reply With Quote