Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Earthfleet - Book 2 - Destiny's Mission - Now available on Goodreads!

Ok, it seems that since figuring out the system over at Good Reads (gawds, I must be getting old, cause it's taking me *way* too long to figure out this new stuff these days) I've now been able to get myself added as an author there, plus I've uploaded a copy of Destiny's Mission for sale. I'm still working on getting my ebooks into all the other locations of interest, like Smashwords and the like (long story, don't ask), but this now opens up an avenue for people to purchase book 2 in ebook form if they want to. I'll have book 3 up there soon too, but I evidently gotta wait for at least B&N, Borders, or someone to post information about book 3 before I'm allowed to do that. T_T

But anywho, in the meantime, you can grab book 2 here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...tiny-s-mission

EDIT: Extra links for you guys since Goodreads is being a bit retarded.

Direct preview link: http://www.goodreads.com/reader/read/7769?percent=0

Direct buy link: https://www.goodreads.com/store/pay/26601

Last edited by Steven Lake; 10-11-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I have my copy but I would like to recommend book 2 as a cracking read.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #3
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And for those who don't understand Australian, that means that it was a really, really good book. But yes, sabredog already told me that he really liked it, and I know the rest of you will as well.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But at $14.39? Why?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
$14.39 is for the pbook, Jon. If you follow Steven's link to Goodreads, there is a button to the right of the "buy for $14.39". This button is titled "read ebook". Click on that and you can preview the first three chapters or buy the book in your favourite epub format. The ebook is still $8.00, though.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

No, that's just stupid Amazon, and only for the print version. I still haven't got the prices fixed with them yet. If they don't fix it soon I'm going to just yank the books. The ebook version is just $8. To get to that you have to click through the buy book link to see all the choices. I don't know why, but you do.

Here's the direct preview link: http://www.goodreads.com/reader/read/7769?percent=0

And here's the direct buy link: https://www.goodreads.com/store/pay/26601
Old 10-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When I click the direct buy link, I get That payment isn't yours..

Anyway, I did find it at $8.00. Thanks.

Where can I find Book 1?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #8
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Book 1 is here (lower left part of the page) and it's free in epub and mobi.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Yeah, and as soon as I can get them to post book 3, I'll have that one available as well.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #10
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
I certainly have thoroughly enjoyed your books so far.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #11
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Why thank you. ^_^
Old 10-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #12
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Ok, it seems that since figuring out the system over at Good Reads (gawds, I must be getting old, cause it's taking me *way* too long to figure out this new stuff these days) I've now been able to get myself added as an author there, plus I've uploaded a copy of Destiny's Mission for sale. I'm still working on getting my ebooks into all the other locations of interest, like Smashwords and the like (long story, don't ask), but this now opens up an avenue for people to purchase book 2 in ebook form if they want to. I'll have book 3 up there soon too, but I evidently gotta wait for at least B&N, Borders, or someone to post information about book 3 before I'm allowed to do that. T_T

But anywho, in the meantime, you can grab book 2 here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9...tiny-s-mission

EDIT: Extra links for you guys since Goodreads is being a bit retarded.

Direct preview link: http://www.goodreads.com/reader/read/7769?percent=0

Direct buy link: https://www.goodreads.com/store/pay/26601
I don't think it's you. I think the infrastructure of some of these new vendors just isn't ready for prime time. It seems like I've had more problems this month than any other. Then when I thought about it, I've been going to new (to me) vendors. It's making me cranky.

I'm gonna get your book, but I need a rest!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #13
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I had major issues getting the other books in the series from an ebook vendor as well. Steve came through though!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #14
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Yeah, if a vendor has issues getting my books out to people, I will always make it right and make sure people get their ebooks one way or another.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #15
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Goodreads says that there hasn't been any downloads of the ebooks yet. So I'm just wondering of anyone has had any issues grabbing a copy from the site. Let me know if you do and I'll see what's needed to solve the issue.