Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 04:27 AM   #16
mitchwah
Connoisseur
mitchwah is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook Lite, Ematic 7" eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron46 View Post
Mitchwah

Happy to see you got the Lite- I bought one, then 2 others for gifts. Lithium Ion batteries (in regular jetbook) last about 3 years (more time-based than usage-based), then you are up against paying to have the reader serviced or prying it open to replace the battery yourself. And with 2 sets of AA rechargeable batteries, you never have to wait for the unit to charge. The only thing the Lite lacks is the MP3 player, and I'll bet you already have a better one anyway. Besides that, the Lite cheaper, and the firmware upgrades are now coming out almost daily. I just installed M yesterday, and they released N today.
Yeah, I ordered the Lite and trying to be patient for it to arrive. What sold me to the Lite was it's user-replaceable batteries, being able to read non-stop and of course, the price. It was to my impression that one can't read on the regular Jetbook while it's charging but it seems this isn't true according to GARussell. But, oh well, Lite owners love theirs and I'm positive I will too.
mitchwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #17
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
I think with the earlier firmware that you couldn't read the book while its charging. Yet I have seen my wife do it with the later firmware. So somehow that changed with the firmware upgrade.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote