Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I am not asking for the restriction to be lifted. Often a thread will be revived and and you think, "Wow, that's a great post. I should give them some karma." You know you've read it before; but, that was several weeks before and you forget if you gave karma or not.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
NP, I have been seriously considering lifting the restriction based on your experiences. I just wanted to share why it might be a problem to lift it and to hear your opinion.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:49 AM   #18
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
On the other hand, sometimes a thread gets revived and there are new improvements or a new direction (thread drift, anyone?) and one might reasonably want to give karma to the same person again.

On another forum, I might see the concern about someone "gaming the system." Do you really think that would happen here? (This is not a rhetorical question.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #19
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I don't know. I'm relatively sure it would be less of a problem here than anywhere else.

I'll admit that I've spent some time thinking about how to game the present system, here, not because I intended (or was even tempted, for that matter) to do so, but just as an intellectual exercise. I also analyze physical security systems when I see them, my brain just works that way, almost never actually test my theories though (there was one time at the library when I was in college, though ... but I also worked there at the time ). Anyway, I believe the way it's set up now could be gamed, but it'd be a lot of hassle, and not very effective.

I expect there might be some who would be tempted to game it if it were easier to do, if not any who are around presently, there's always the next guy to come in the door.

The way it's set up now, I kind of regard it as a challenge to post things that folks find helpful enough to give karma for (and I figured out early on that I wanted to keep on the lookout for other folks' posts I could give karma to). That's also why I don't like posting about karma, and usually put a disclaimer on such posts: it just seems too easy to get that way, feels like cheating.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #20
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
If you really want to give someone Karma for a second time you can always do it in any other thread and mention it in your appreciation words.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #21
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It's not just that you can't give someone karma more than once for the same post, it's also that you have to give karma to 2 other people before you can give the first person karma again.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote