Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
300 for the wife

I picked up a red PRS-300 for my wife today. I've been using eBook readers for years and have had a 300 for 6 weeks now. My wife has been resisting the move to the smart side. I put a few books onto her iTouch and she liked that. Today I went out and got her a 300. Five minutes of playing and ten minutes of reading and she is a total convert. She keeps saying how easy it is to read and use etc... Now I must say she had no learning curve. I installed the library and calibre on her laptop. Then I installed 20 books on the reader, tomorrow I'll register her device on my Sony bookstore account. Be nice if someone had done all that for me. Anyways another convert to the smart side.

Regards, Daryl
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
I hope to find a husband just like you someday. Your wife is a lucky gal.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
katewilly
Enthusiast
katewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavenskatewilly is a rising star in the heavens

Device: sony 700, iTouch, iPhone, nook, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylbrayman View Post
I picked up a red PRS-300 for my wife today. I've been using eBook readers for years and have had a 300 for 6 weeks now. My wife has been resisting the move to the smart side. I put a few books onto her iTouch and she liked that. Today I went out and got her a 300. Five minutes of playing and ten minutes of reading and she is a total convert. She keeps saying how easy it is to read and use etc... Now I must say she had no learning curve. I installed the library and calibre on her laptop. Then I installed 20 books on the reader, tomorrow I'll register her device on my Sony bookstore account. Be nice if someone had done all that for me. Anyways another convert to the smart side.

Regards, Daryl
I hate the term "the wife", I hate it. When a husband uses it, I want to use the term "the Prick". My father-in-law referred to my late mother-in-law as "the wife"...I never heard him refer to her by her name. Thankfully his son, my husband, is more respectful of women.
katewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by katewilly View Post
I hate the term "the wife", I hate it. When a husband uses it, I want to use the term "the Prick". My father-in-law referred to my late mother-in-law as "the wife"...I never heard him refer to her by her name. Thankfully his son, my husband, is more respectful of women.
You're the only one in this thread using the term.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You're the only one in this thread using the term.
Perhaps you missed the TITLE OF THE THREAD?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Perhaps you missed the TITLE OF THE THREAD?
My bad, I was readin his post, not paying attention to the title. Sorry.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #7
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'll forgive you as long as you don't use that dreaded term.

"The husband" is currently cooking me dinner so I'm in an agreeable mood.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I'll forgive you as long as you don't use that dreaded term.

"The husband" is currently cooking me dinner so I'm in an agreeable mood.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
When I saw the subject line, I thought this was intended to go in the Flea Market thread. I was going to ask for pix...
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:56 AM   #10
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Some months ago, it was 505 for the wife.

Upsss!!! Sorry!!. I meant 505 for my wife!!

leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:37 AM   #11
darylbrayman
Connoisseur
darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darylbrayman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Mini, Glo, Aura and Aura H20
My better half

The best part is she is not even the wife. She is technically my girlfriend or better half or life partner. As were both in out late 40's girlfriend sounds a little juvenile. The whole point of the post was to express the fact that my wife, an ebook sceptic was converted in minutes once she got her hands on one.
darylbrayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:08 AM   #12
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by darylbrayman View Post
The best part is she is not even the wife. She is technically my girlfriend or better half or life partner. As were both in out late 40's girlfriend sounds a little juvenile. The whole point of the post was to express the fact that my wife, an ebook sceptic was converted in minutes once she got her hands on one.
That's great to hear. I'm sorry about the tangent this thread took. I don't see why it was necessary for a big rant about the thread title, especially since the contents of your post weren't disrespectful to your partner in any way. Katewilly also had no right to indirectly suggest/call you a ****. If someone here finds the term "the wife" disrespectful (even for valid reasons), I'm sorry but you need to just suck it up and deal with it. It isn't a big bad swear word that violates forum etiquette. I understand that some people use it disrespectfully but there are others who don't, and believe it or not, many wives are totally okay with being called "the wife".

Anyways, back to OPs post - Enjoy having your partner hooked onto her ebook. I know what it's like. I got my fiancee the PRS-505, and I've been formatting and uploading books for her and she hasn't put that thing down!

Last edited by orion2001; 10-14-2009 at 05:10 AM.
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote