Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #91
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federico F. View Post
I will let you know how things go... hopefully well, because I do trust Booxtor, but in the case of Chexmix it looks like a long agony rather than a path to salvation !
Greetings Federico,

I wish you the best of luck with this! As you say, my own journey with the M92 has been very long and disheartening.

I've found a couple of people who can help me solder the new board into my M92. Just waiting on more detailed directions from booxtor.

/Glenn
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #92
chexmix
Zealot
chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chexmix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... sigh ...
Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 AM   #93
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
... sigh ...
Yeeeessszzz....??
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #94
Sincopa
Sincopa began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M92
Well!! I read all and I am very very afraid..... because I have the same problem.
Is true that I have the device most than one year but it'snt normal that the device have a problem like this.
If I think to go the way that chexmix made...I will be crazier....
I send one mail to ereader store for to know what happens..
Wait for a while and hope to Know the solution...
Sincopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #95
Sincopa

Please, is there somebody tho help me???....

three days ago my onyx boox M92 stopped to work. Whithout reason. Don't have damage, and I thougth that will be the battery..
I put the decvice on the wall and the orange led is coming and try to open with the power on...nothing.
I charged with the computer 10 hours and nothing..
I read that is possible that will be the battery because was full empty, the last day that I read was medium...
Somebody can say me something??

Thank you very much
Best
Sincopa
Old 10-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #96
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Try to charge on the wall one night.

After you can try this : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=17

For a complement : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=27

Last edited by Randy11; 10-01-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #97
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
[QUOTE=Sincopa;2640187]Please, is there somebody tho help me???....

three days ago my onyx boox M92 stopped to work. Whithout reason. Don't have damage, and I thougth that will be the battery..
I put the decvice on the wall and the orange led is coming and try to open with the power on...nothing.
I read that is possible that will be the battery because was full empty, the last day that I read was medium...

Hi,
Sorry about your problem. Is your display complet empty now, or you can see some odd stripes on it? The second case could be a sign for serious problem - screen could be broken.

In first case try following:
1. Reset your device
2. power on your device and watch the blue led (beneath of the joystick).
a) If it blinks three times - the battery is discharged too deeply and needs reviving (8-10 hours connected to USB port of your PC)
b) if it goes on for a couple of seconds, but screen does not display anything, your device must to maintenance. Probably there is a problem, that could be just repaired in the maintenance office. When the screen is not broken - it is definitely a warranty case. So don't worry.

Appeal to all users - if you got a problem with your device - please contact our support first. It is easier for us to monitor our own ticketing system, than different threads in the forum.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:13 AM   #98
Sincopa

Ebook Onyx M92

[QUOTE=Booxtor;2655446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincopa View Post
Please, is there somebody tho help me???....

Hi,
Sorry about your problem. Is your display complet empty now, or you can see some odd stripes on it? The second case could be a sign for serious problem - screen could be broken.

In first case try following:
1. Reset your device
2. power on your device and watch the blue led (beneath of the joystick).
a) If it blinks three times - the battery is discharged too deeply and needs reviving (8-10 hours connected to USB port of your PC)
b) if it goes on for a couple of seconds, but screen does not display anything, your device must to maintenance. Probably there is a problem, that could be just repaired in the maintenance office. When the screen is not broken - it is definitely a warranty case. So don't worry.

Appeal to all users - if you got a problem with your device - please contact our support first. It is easier for us to monitor our own ticketing system, than different threads in the forum.

Hello Booxtor!!!
The ebook don't have the display broken. the ebook don't made nothing.
But when I put the device on USB port there is a orange led, nothing more.
I try to send to maintenance because I believe that the problem is other.
I said that the device one night before was ok and in the morning ....Nothing
But... I can say that I was a litlle bit stranger because I had the device two days before in charge on and the last day I saw that the battery go down very fast. I sayd before that I made the last update. The last time that I saw the battery was in the midle.

Thank you very much Booxtor, I try your suggestion!!

Old 10-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #99
chexmix
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincopa View Post
Well!! I read all and I am very very afraid..... because I have the same problem.
Is true that I have the device most than one year but it'snt normal that the device have a problem like this.
If I think to go the way that chexmix made...I will be crazier....
I send one mail to ereader store for to know what happens..
Wait for a while and hope to Know the solution...
My heart goes out to you ...

Booxtor is a good man and will help you as much as he can. As you may have read, I sent my M92 to Germany twice & wound up with a unit that still didn't work. After that, Booxtor was kind enough to send me a replacement motherboard to try. I have a friend who says he will try to do the soldering, but we've both been very busy, so it hasn't happened yet.

In the meantime, I've been using my cheap 7" tablet. I may just stick with tablets & get a 10" one, since reading double-column academic papers on the 7" is possible, but seems to be causing some eyestrain.

In sum, A+ for Booxtor, but I can't in good conscience post a positive grade for the product at this point. It's a shame: I had high hopes and tried to keep hope alive as long as possible. But I know many others have had much better luck with it, so ... it's just my bad fortune.

Regards,

Glenn
Old 10-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #100
kontrabas
kontrabas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad, Asus EEENote
The screen on my Onyx M92 got some sort of Rohrschach-Muster two days ago. It has not been subjected to any kind of pressure. I have always kept my Onyx in the protective leather case from Booxtor. On the forum I have read it is a serious problem connected with a screen defect. The screen, however, was perfect before that. My question is what do I do know? Do I send the thing in and to whom? Will it get repaired or is it beyond repair. In the second case do I get a new one. In my portfeuille I have a lot of readers way older than the Boox (Sony PRS 600, Asus EEenote, Iliad) which is why I was surprised that it gave way first. There should still be warranty on the device as it was bought December 2012.
Thanks a lot for the advice!
kontrabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:35 AM   #101
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Sorry to read that.

A broken screen isn't a warranty case. But, it could be something else, maybe the mother board and this it's a warranty case.
Contact your vendor. If it's http://ereader-store.eu, use the contact page for this, as Booxtor want it.

The worst problem isn't the pressure, Booxtor has show a video about this, the worst problem is a bending of the device. A wide glass (9.7") is more sensitive than a small.

What to do ?
If you must pay for the broken glass :
- Have you really need, now, of the M92 ?
- Could you wait for the new big model ?
- Could you can pay for the new model ?

Last edited by Randy11; 10-30-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #102
kamen
kamen began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
I have a freeze on my device after two tries to put some books on the internal memory (with the SD I did not have problems). I can not reset it nor shut it down. The screen stays on the initial logo with black boxes loaded till the end, I mean just before the start of the device.
May I kindly ask somebody for help???
kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #103
chexmix
Zealot

Quote:
Booxtor was kind enough to send me a replacement motherboard to try. I have a friend who says he will try to do the soldering, but we've both been very busy, so it hasn't happened yet.
So, my friend and I took the M92 apart tonight and he did the soldering. Of all things, we had the most difficulty getting the back panel on after the reassembly was otherwise finished!

After a reset, the unit powered right up. However, the four buttons (which are the parts that the solders connect to the motherboard) don't work, so something must have gone awry with the soldering. It's usable as is -- the buttons aren't 100% necessary ... but this friend is a perfectionist so we will probably open the unit again.

Anyway, it's nice to report some positive news. And perhaps I'll have a fully functional M92 soon. We'll see how much I use it ... I've gotten awfully fond of the color display on my tablet.

/G
Old 11-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #104
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
... but this friend is a perfectionist so we will probably open the unit again.
Well, as he should be: it should work! You have been through enough.
Anyway, I am very glad for you to hear that, at least, the initial problem seems to be resolved!

CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #105
chexmix
Zealot

Just thought I would provide a small update, boring as this long saga has become.

I have kinda given up waiting on my friend to do this for me. I ordered a "Learn to Solder" kit from an electronics store. I'll futz with that some, and get myself a real soldering iron when I'm done, then re-open the M92 and see what I can do.

If I completely fry it, I'm no worse off than I am now!