Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 AM   #466
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@Goner

I tested an Epub download on my Kobo yesterday and it went perfectly fine so I guess there should be something wrong with your install.

Did you enable $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = 1 : it's mandatory for the Kobo.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:09 AM   #467
MiracleLeon
Member Retired
MiracleLeon began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi!

I have some problems with the thumbnail. There is no image, only the word "couverture". I tried to change the value in config_local.php "height of thumbnail image" but it changes nothing. I don't know what's the problem. Have you any suggestions for me?

P.S : Sorry for my poor english

Last edited by MiracleLeon; 06-07-2013 at 04:11 AM.
MiracleLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #468
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermagic93 View Post
hi!

I have some problems with the thumbnail. There is no image, only the word "couverture". I tried to change the value in config_local.php "height of thumbnail image" but it changes nothing. I don't know what's the problem. Have you any suggestions for me?

P.S : Sorry for my poor english
Hi,

Could you try checkconfig.php and check if php-gd is correctly detected. Could you also check your webserver logs ?

Did you install on a Nas, other server ?
Old 06-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #469
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Device: ARCHOS 80G9, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS-T1, BeBook Club S, Icarus Reader Go
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Did you enable $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = 1 : it's mandatory for the Kobo.
Yeah, I searched the thread for Kobo, found that and changed config_local.php.
But I probably enabled it on one server (got 2 COPS servers running) and tested it on the other ...

Anyway, it works !! Thanks !

Doesn't matter if I use
$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = 1;
or
$config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1";

EDIT: just noticed that the Kobo browser asks to confirm the download and the Sony downloads without asking.

Last edited by Goner; 06-07-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #470
MiracleLeon
Member Retired
MiracleLeon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
Hi,

Could you try checkconfig.php and check if php-gd is correctly detected. Could you also check your webserver logs ?

Did you install on a Nas, other server ?
It works!
php-gd wasn't enable on my Nas.
MiracleLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #471
vlad59
Addict

Great
Old 06-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #472
vlad59
Addict

@Goner

changing style should now work with your Kobo if your replace customize.php by this file : https://raw.github.com/seblucas/cops.../customize.php
Old 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #473
Goner
Connoisseur
Goner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to beholdGoner is a marvel to behold

Ah, nice solution

Works like a charm ! And e-ink looks nice on the Kobo too. Thanks !!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #474
darkmiss
darkmiss began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Hi, I am having problems getting COPS to run. I have installed it as described and now I get the error message:

Call to a member function fetchColumn() on a non-object in /xxx/htdocs/cops-0.5.0/author.php on line 40

I am not sure if I have the right directory. To what directory should it point: the Calibre program directory ( I have Calibre mobile) or the Calibre Library directory?

I'm a complete newbie to all things php and owncloud and I thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings from Germany
Ingrid
darkmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #475
vlad59
Addict

@ingrid

Please try to go to checkconfig.php

$config['calibre_directory'] should point to your Calibre directory (so the directory with metadata.db in it).
Old 06-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #476
darkmiss
darkmiss began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
Hi there, thanks for the quick reply. I was pointing to the wrong directory. but it's still not working

I edited the path in configlocal.php
to

$config['www.mydomain/owncloud/data/user/files/clientsync/Calibre/Calibre Library/'] = './';

and in checkconfig.php
to

echo "{$name} File " . Base::getDbFileName ($i) . " not found,

Please check
<ul>
<li>Value of \$config['www.mydomain/owncloud/data/user/files/clientsync/Calibre/Calibre Library/'] in config_local.php</li>

Was that what you meant?

But still get the same error message.

I am not sure if the address is correct, because in my ftp uploader I can only see the directories down to "clientsync" and on the owncloud website it is displayed as something ... php in the address line of the browser.

Sorry if this is dumb, I suppose I'm just overlooking something obvious.

Thanks again and greetings
Ingrid
darkmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #477
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@darkmiss

For COPS to work the way you want it to, your line in config_local.php should look something like:

Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = 'http://mydomain/owncloud/data/user/files/clientsync/Calibre/Calibre Library/';
However, I could not make this work.
I do not think that COPS can work with a weblink (http://mydomain).

If you could change this link to your owncloud into a drive (eor directory (e:/calibre) it could (and should) work.

The line in config_local.php could look something like this:

Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = 'e:/';

or

$config['calibre_directory'] = 'e:/calibre/';
I hope this helps.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #478
Goner
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
If you could change this link to your owncloud into a drive (e:/) or directory (e:/calibre) it could (and should) work.
If the 'owncloud' supports WebDAV or FTP you could make such a mapping with NetDrive ... http://netdrive.net/
I'm using it to connect to shares on my Synology over Internet and it works like a charm.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #479
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goner View Post
If the 'owncloud' supports WebDAV or FTP you could make such a mapping with NetDrive ... http://netdrive.net/
Or read this page http://doc.owncloud.org/server/5.0/u...les/files.html

@Goner - thank you for mentioning WebDav and Synology. I really must update my (mostly unused) owncloud setup to version 5 and try it out!
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #480
vlad59
Addict

Or you could do like I did.

Owncloud and COPS are installed in the same server.

On my server, owncloud is installed in /var/www/owncloud. Cops is installed in /var/www/cops

I've created a user called cops in owncloud and with that user I have a directory called Calibre (which is synchronized with my Calibre library).

With that configuration, I just had to configure COPS's config_local.php like that :

$config['calibre_directory'] = '/var/www/owncloud/data/cops/files/Calibre/';

That's really easy to handle.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology