Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #31
hunnymonster
Zealot
hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 wifi, K3 3G, K Touch, K Paperwhite
I used this (embedded below) YouTube to replace my K3 screen. Screen was $40/£25 delivered to my door (albeit slow shipment from China).

No issues in doing it in about 35 minutes including rectifying the schoolboy error of not removing the protective plastic from the display before mounting it... DOH!

Watch out though - the "naked" display is only 0.045" thick (1.14mm) and is extremely fragile. Ham-fisted best avoid (or contract it out )

Last edited by hunnymonster; 01-30-2013 at 08:41 AM.
hunnymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #32
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnymonster View Post
Screen was $40/£25 delivered to my door (albeit slow shipment from China).
Hi! My dad just broke his K3's screen...
Could you recommend the seller for your replacement screen?
Thanks!
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #33
hunnymonster
Zealot
hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hunnymonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm absolutely not recommending any particular seller over another - but I found the required part on www.aliexpress.com - saw no advantage or disadvantage of any particular seller there over another except on the basis of cost - the one I chose took 15 days elapsed to get to me.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #34
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Update: I bought a repacement screen (also got here in 15 days), installed it (using a youtube video) and it worked!
Thanks for the advice everyone.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #35
hunnymonster
Zealot

Great when you do stuff like this and it works eh? :-)