Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
is there a quick way to turn on the led ?

I mean is there a command or an app to use in a shell script to turn on the led..
and even chose the color ..
I intend to use it as confirmation in some scripts..
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I have not seen any tool to do that around here. The leds are controlled by the 'keyboard processor', that is connected to the main processor (see sysd/src/system.c). From the code in that file, you could try to figure out which device driver to open and which commands to send. (If the device allows to have two active clients.)
An alternative would be to change sysd and add an extra ipc-call to control the leds. A simple program could then use this ipc-call, which can then be used from a script.
For me it is not clear if you have (or want to have) a development environment of your own or if you want help from someone else?

Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I have not seen any tool to do that around here. The leds are controlled by the 'keyboard processor', that is connected to the main processor (see sysd/src/system.c). From the code in that file, you could try to figure out which device driver to open and which commands to send. (If the device allows to have two active clients.)
An alternative would be to change sysd and add an extra ipc-call to control the leds. A simple program could then use this ipc-call, which can then be used from a script.
For me it is not clear if you have (or want to have) a development environment of your own or if you want help from someone else?

Marcel.
no at the moment I don't have the ide, I simply write some shell scripts, with the help of rtvx, and execute from the desktop..
when you execute from the desktop you don't see the output..
so some led blinking would be usefull
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #4
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Thanks for sharing the context.
You could have a look at lua, a scripting language that has been ported by Iņigo. He also posted some examples. (Carefully read the installation instructions.)
You can also have a look at zenity, that is part of the base-package of Iņigo. It allows to show dialogs from a shell-script. I use it for the installation of MackxPatch, so see _apply.sh.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Thanks for sharing the context.
You could have a look at lua, a scripting language that has been ported by Iņigo. He also posted some examples. (Carefully read the installation instructions.)
You can also have a look at zenity, that is part of the base-package of Iņigo. It allows to show dialogs from a shell-script. I use it for the installation of MackxPatch, so see _apply.sh.
Off topic: I'm very busy with some projects at work these weeks, but I'm slowly doing an experiment I expect to show you something this weekend... so stay tuned!
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote