Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
pierpiotr
pierpiotr began at the beginning.

Device: N900
Convert Adobe Digital editions to Linux ?

Hello,
I bought a howto manual in this format before I realised that it was delivered in a non compatible format for my laptop.
Do anyone know of a converter or a compatible software for linux ?
Tx
P
pierpiotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
afair no method exists
you need to run ADE via wine
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
pierpiotr

Tx, I'll try that.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
pierpiotr

So, I installed Wine and ADE on top. The app seems to open fine, but how do I download the book on this linux laptop. I have a link from the merchant that downloads a file (URLLink.acsm).
When I try a right link on this and that I chose ADE as an app, ADE fires up but I have a message saying that it's sorry but it cannot open this file !
I have registered this instance of ADE with Adobe to make sure that the DRM system allows me to use an ebook on several computer....
Please help ! I'm feeling so close to make it work...

[update] : it takes a drag and drop only of the *.acsm file into ADE to start the actual download of the ebook !
Thanks a lot
P

Last edited by pierpiotr; 09-09-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
This link might be of some use.

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-701191.html
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
pierpiotr

thanks carld