Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Borders Reduces Prices on 300 and 600

I received an e-mail from Borders today saying they had reduced the price on the 600 to 199.99 and reduced the price on the 300 to 149.99.

Is this something that was anticipated? I expected to see a lot of buzz here but I did not notice any comments on the new pricing?
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Is this something that was anticipated? I expected to see a lot of buzz here but I did not noticed anybody commenting on the new pricing?
They reduced the 600 a few weeks back so most of the talk has died off.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They reduced the 600 a few weeks back so most of the talk has died off.
Yep, that would pretty much explain it
Old 05-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
It looks like it might be a long term price cut, they also put them on price cut to that price at the Target I work in. I say long term since they went price cut rather than on Temporary Price Cut or Sale.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Yep, same prices at US Walmarts too. Figures. I bugged my hubby to get me one for Christmas. Oh well. I still love my reader anyways.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Oh, they even reduced price in europe to 169 Euros!
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
stargazertony
Connoisseur
stargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-booksstargazertony has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3, iPod Touch, Pre-electronic devices
I still think it's a prelude to the introduction of new models.
stargazertony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
Keef
Enthusiast
Keef began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Reader
This is why it's not good to buy electronics when they first come out. Many times within 6 months the prices will drop. I am glad I waited on the 900 as I saves $50.
Keef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #9
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertony View Post
I still think it's a prelude to the introduction of new models.

Yep, me too.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
fbrII
F. BluDevil

I went to a Borders store in St. Louis and they had a sale sign that said the sale price was good through June 19th. A couple of days later I was in Bellville, Illinoise where I was told, "yes, we did have them on sale but Sony pulled the price and so we moved them back to the normal price"

pretty strange
Old 05-28-2010, 08:55 AM   #11
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Well, check Sonystyle:

Sony Touch edition dropped in a few weeks from 299.9 to 199.99
Sony Pocket edition is 169.99 now
And Daily edition is 349.99 now

They dropped in Europe, too (unfortunately not so much).

Yesterday they also announced that Sony readers will be also sold in China, Japan, Australia, Spain and Italy by this year.

New models are coming soon, to me.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote