Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Bug report

Consider this an official bug report thread for all Pocketbook readers. The Pocketbook support team is keeping a close watch on this. When you report a bug, please be as precise as possible and try to post as technically specific and detailled as possible. We thank you for reporting the detected bugs as this helps us to ameliorate our firmware.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #2
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Thank you mtravellerh !!
Can you add a "wanted new features" thread also?
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur

The links bugs discussion started in the "wanted new features" thread, but it is better that we continue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Sorry, I am not sure if I understand your problem. Please elaborate!
Was the description detailed enough, could you reproduce this bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
Open the attached epub with fbreader, it is auto generated by calibre.

On the first page is a cover with info about what calibre version was used.

On the second page is the "main section" with links, that works ok to follow with fbreader, but then you come to a "sub section" and the links on these pages are impossible to use, nothing happens, it seems just like a refresh/blink of the same page, please try this.

The above is working fine with the AdobeViewer (ADE) but then you have the problem with the "go back" that doesn't work.
It is this kind of things that I really dislike, that one has to learn that some things needs one viewer because of bugs. I would appreciate if all current features was really working (and really stable also) and documented well, before any new features are added .
Attached Files
File Type: epub BBC News (fast) [so, 18 apr 2010] - calibre.epub (422.1 KB, 1423 views)
Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The links bugs discussion started in the "wanted new features" thread, but it is better that we continue here.

Was the description detailed enough, could you reproduce this bug?
Yes. The problem is with the news aggregator and not the reader so we have to change that.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Yes. The problem is with the news aggregator and not the reader so we have to change that.
What is the "the news aggregator"?
Do you mean that some settings in Calibre has to be changed?
Why does it work in ADE then?
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Although I'm one of the PocketBook Team members, I'd like to report a little bug here as well:
- PocketNews software does not work with MacOS, only with Windows ...
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Two bugs that you're already aware of, but it's as well to make a note of them here:

1. The "double boot" which occurs with certain SD cards.

2. "Go back" not working with hyperlinks in the ADE ePub reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Two bugs that you're already aware of, but it's as well to make a note of them here:

Thanks Harry, noted.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur

Quote:

I suggest that we use continuous numbering of the confirmed bugs, so it is easier to track and discuss later.

3. - PocketNews software does not work with MacOS, only with Windows ...

4. Bug in Fbreader opening epub (news created by calibre) with hyperlinks, see the post #3 in this thread.

I have not got a confirmation on the last one, mtravellerh must have misunderstood, he speaks about an error in the news aggregator.

Harry can you check the BBC epub file and see what so strange with the second link, if it is not following correct epub then it should be reported to the calibre developers.
I have tested on the Sony prs-505, and there it works ok, as it does with ADE also on PB360.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I suggest that we use continuous numbering of the confirmed bugs, so it is easier to track and discuss later.

3. - PocketNews software does not work with MacOS, only with Windows ...

4. Bug in Fbreader opening epub (news created by calibre) with hyperlinks, see the post #3 in this thread.

I have not got a confirmation on the last one, mtravellerh must have misunderstood, he speaks about an error in the news aggregator.

Harry can you check the BBC epub file and see what so strange with the second link, if it is not following correct epub then it should be reported to the calibre developers.
I have tested on the Sony prs-505, and there it works ok, as it does with ADE also on PB360.
I checked the news and it contained an absolute link instead of a relative one. I should have been more clear about this, sorry.

Bugs are noted, thanks a lot.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
PocketBook 302 - wrong type of keyboard

I have had an opportunity to play a little bit with PB 302.

I was unable to set parameters of WiFi connection.

Have a look at two following photos.

The first photo displays keyboard as it is supposed to look
the second photo is what I get when I try to set password.
There are more places where the "wrong" type of keyboard is displayed.
How the @#$%^! I am supposed to operate that when the device does not have up, down, left, right key?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10258.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	446.6 KB
ID:	50873   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10257.jpg
Views:	1151
Size:	450.4 KB
ID:	50874  
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:51 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Doesn't the 5-way nav control act as up/down/left/right? That's how it works on the 360.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #13
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Doesn't the 5-way nav control act as up/down/left/right? That's how it works on the 360.
It doesn't have 5 way control key.
It has page forward and page back button on either side and the nice round button at the top, that works like Escape key.
I do not understand why they left out 5-way nav control.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:18 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My apologies. I've not seen a 302, and the circular button below the screen in your photographs looks just like a nav control!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #15
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
My apologies. I've not seen a 302, and the circular button below the screen in your photographs looks just like a nav control!
The 602 will have nav control, the 302 doesn't. You may simply use your pen and type in what you want to enter, can't you?