Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #181
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
With 15.3 my PB360 reboots every week.
with 15.2
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #182
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
With 15.3 my PB360 reboots every week.
I hope you meant 15.2, because that crashes for me a couple of times a day. I'm hoping that 15.3 is much better than 15.2 when it comes out.

I decided not to be a beta tester, because I don't use varied file formats to warrant it.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 02:54 AM   #183
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
Forkosigan
Sorry, 15.2 of course.
There are so many talks about 15.3...
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:42 AM   #184
readerreader
readerreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Problem with installing grays fbreader 0.9.2 and later versions on Pocketbook 360:

- am running firmware 14.2
- page turning without using the buttons was SO appealing
- have installed and uninstalled various versions of fbreader, from 0.9.2 onwards, all of which do not work and the error message is

"Cannot start program"

I have copied extensions.cfg (it was not originally in the config sub folder, hence I just copied it into the config sub folder), pasted fbreader into the bin sub folder, copied share sub folder.

NOTHING works.

At one point in time, after an attempted installation of fbreader, my 360 would freeze in an ON position (green light) and I had to drain the battery before it came back to life. I have now reverted to the original fbreader and it seems to work although I have to test battery life!

Any suggestions to allow me to enjoy the page turning features of fbreader would be much appreciated.
readerreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #185
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
readerreader
If you want to use present extensions.cfg you need to rename fbreader.app to fbreader180.app (in read_en.txt installation step 1)

PB periodical freeze is not related to fbreader. It's known problem: power button must be pressed until the green light become on.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 03:59 AM   #186
readerreader

Quote:
readerreader
If you want to use present extensions.cfg you need to rename fbreader.app to fbreader180.app (in read_en.txt installation step 1)

PB periodical freeze is not related to fbreader. It's known problem: power button must be pressed until the green light become on.
Ok let me rename it .app and see if it works.

PB periodical freeze - nope, pressing the power button produced no response at all. I tried many times over many hours. Had no choice but to drain the battery.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 AM   #187
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Your power up problem must be unrelated to fbreader ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:37 AM   #188
readerreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by readerreader View Post
Ok let me rename the .app and see if it works.

PB periodical freeze - nope, pressing the power button produced no response at all. I tried many times over many hours. Had no choice but to drain the battery.
I renamed the app and it works beautifully.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:02 AM   #189
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wow,
probably an instance of an OS too confused to work out what it was doing, so just went on strike.

Great you've solved it, now on with the reading ....
Old 09-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #190
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Device: Hanlin V3, PB360
I have loaded fbreader v,0.9.2. When I used the extensions file in config adobe was lost from the "open with". I then used Schitzelbrain extension and got adobe back. Rotation worked for a while but then stopped working. Everything else is fine. I'm on v14.2 on PB360. Any ideas how I can get the rotation to work again? Thanks for the help.
mysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #191
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The G-sensor tends to function sort of erratically in v14.2. I'm afraid there's not much you can do about it: sometimes it just switches off and until you go to Settings and reconfigure it it simply doesn't work.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #192
mysweety
Connoisseur
mysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the roughmysweety is a jewel in the rough

Thanks logseman. Won't spend any more time on it 'till next version. Incidentally I'm also in Tenerife -Puerto de la Cruz.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #193
GeoffC

re-configure, that's usually all I do.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #194
mysweety
Connoisseur

Hi Geoff

Can you give me some details of what you re-configure.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #195
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysweety View Post
I'm on v14.2 on PB360. Any ideas how I can get the rotation to work again? Thanks for the help.
Have you tried the 'Calibrate g-sensor' option on the Settings - Maintenance menu?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote