Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
Calibre Question Please

I just downloaded the newest version of Calibre, which i had to delete the previous edition. however, when setting up the newest version, i choose the sony 500 as my default device even though i have the 505, because there was no option for the 505, just the 500 and the newer sony's. is the 500 option the same as the 505?
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Don't select the 500, as this option installs a specific device driver (or so I think). The newer Sonys behave in the same way as your 505, so select this option.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It should make no difference which Sony you select as they are all treated identically from a conversion perspective.

If you look under Preferences when Calibre is running you will find that the only distinction in the output profiles is between Sony readers in normal portrait mode and one being optimised for Landscape mode.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote