Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Pev - who says they're not pretty? They make a lovely couple, and art is still art no matter what the material used or what form it takes. I wish I was as technologically and mechanically inclined. Your cat is lucky to have such a hi-tech custom made companion.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #17
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Pev - who says they're not pretty? They make a lovely couple, and art is still art no matter what the material used or what form it takes. I wish I was as technologically and mechanically inclined. Your cat is lucky to have such a hi-tech custom made companion.
You are very kind. Thanks you
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #18
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
OK I guess I will be the first geeky entry. Hope this is ok.

As I say in my signature I live with a number (currently 6) of semi autonomous robots. They are mostly built out of stock parts from hobby shops or robotics websites but all have custom programming and some of the electronics are designed and made by myself.

The yellow one in the picture below is probably the oldest one I currently have being somewhere between 10 to 15 years old. That one was an experiment in programming an artifical insect.

The red one is more recent. He has bluetooth for digital communications (with my PC and subsequently my lights and appliances), a voice for vocal communication, a digital compass and PID motor control for navigation and sonar and IR for collision avoidance. Oh and the cat loves to play with him because he reacts to moving objects. Again all custom code.

Right that's my geeky Show and Tell, sorry they are not pretty but it is what I do when I am not reading.

Pev
I am impressed, there's nothing in my repertoire that would even let me begin to think about making a robot. You should cover one in nice plush fake fur, and glue on some eyeballs and stuff.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #19
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Oh Kaz, those are beautiful! I'm almost ashamed to show any of mine. Almost. The green one is an aventurine that I mined myself in NC. The red one is a chrysanthemum stone cabachon that I bought.
Dixie, The pendants are absolutely gorgeous! I would say that I "mine" the beads I use myself but it's really just a trip to the bead shop in Maryland! I am totally envious of your wire work. I haven't tried anything that intricate yet but it's on my "to do" list. I your post about taking a jewelry making class this summer in Georgia and I am totally jealous. You need to come up to NoVA so we can go bead shopping together!!

Lady Blue, I bought Ryleigh a teddy bear kit for Christmas. We are saving it for a summer project. Hopefully it will bear (pun intended) a resemblance to the picture on the box when we're finished. I've done a lot of home, clothing, and costume sewing but never a stuffed animal! Your daughter's work is beautiful and she is very creative! Has she done anything else since then?

Peverel, Some of the most interesting art in the Smithsonian Galleries here in Washington, DC are abstract art that look a great deal like your robots. Being creative is not limited to arts and crafts. I would love to see them in action! By the way, Happy Belated Birthday!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #20
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Peverel, Some of the most interesting art in the Smithsonian Galleries here in Washington, DC are abstract art that look a great deal like your robots. Being creative is not limited to arts and crafts. I would love to see them in action! By the way, Happy Belated Birthday!!
Thank you for the Birthday wishes, much appreciated

I don't have any video of those two in action but I do have a couple from some robots we programmed and tested a few years back for the manufactures. The grey robots are Bioloids and the Gold and Black a Robonova. Now both are fairly popular hobby robotics platforms but we think we were the first to get the Robonova to walk up model stairs. They may not be Asimo but they are a lot of fun lol

Bioloid Humanoid Walking
Bioloid Hexapod Walking
Robonova on Stairs
Advert
Old 05-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #21
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
"anything worth having is worth cheating for...W.C. Fields"

Here a little handcraft of mine. Both printing and binding....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Book 1.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	29880

Name:	Book 2.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	29881

Name:	Book 3.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	29882
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #22
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I am so impressed by all your work! Blue, I'll take a teddy bear please, and a cabochon too, if you don't mind Dixie(and I'd love to go mining with you too, I didn't even know it was possible), and Kaz, I think I told you already that I'm in love with the black and white bangles! And I'm really impressed with Pev's robots!

For more of my dad's work, you can check out his website, and I'm pretty certain he'll have more pics to post in here...

http://www.boissellerie.com/

You all made me feel like going shopping now...

edit: Sir Edward, this is an amazing passion!

Last edited by Verencat; 05-27-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #23
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

Here a little handcraft of mine. Both printing and binding....
Wow now that must be so cool - to create a book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
For more of my dad's work, you can check out his website, and I'm pretty certain he'll have more pics to post in here...

http://www.boissellerie.com/
That is really interesting, the portraits are amazing and totally stunning
Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #24
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Wow, you guys are all really talented! Teddy bears, Robots, Jewelery, and more -- who would have known. Very Nice.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Okay, here is one of my favorites, because I made it for my granddaughter whom we raised from the time she was 1 till she left for college............
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Amanda's_Trip_Around_the_World_017.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	29883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Amanda's_Trip_Around_the_World_016.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	29884  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #26
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Sir sir.........If I could apprentice myself to anyone, it would be you.

What a wonderful talent and skill. Beautiful.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #27
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Kaz, DixieGal, LadyBlue, everyone..........

Big hand! Beautiful stuff, all.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #28
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Okay, here is one of my favorites, because I made it for my granddaughter whom we raised from the time she was 1 till she left for college............
Wow that is beautiful
Old 05-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #29
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I am so impressed by all the talent we have on this thread so far! My additions are nothing much to look at, but I made them all up (I don't know "how" to sew, really) and they took a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. More tears than sweat (my machine likes to give me problems sometimes). A little blood. I did this bunch here during Christmas break from school. Got a hankering, knew some needy kids (lol, births), and just went for it....

tooth fairy pillows for a few boys I know (or, this is how I spent Christmas Eve): XXXXXXXXXXx
baby blanket with binding: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
different baby blanket, no binding: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

I have never been accused of being an "artiste," but people have appreciated the gifts. At least to my face .....

Check out this link instead: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...367#post472367

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 05-28-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Trying to make my pictures visible!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #30
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
RSE, your bookmaking (making books, not making book) is wonderful. I have a book on how to do bookbinding but never got around to actually trying it. It's something I've always wanted to do. The best I've ever done was with a spiral binding machine. I envy your work.

Kaz, I forgot to tell you I like the blackish bracelet best (because I'm kind of a tone on tone person mostly), and it's very classy. Wonderful work.

DixieGal, mining your own raw material is really special. It's kind of like weaving your own fabric to make a garment.

DGma, your quiltwork is beautiful. Another craft I've touched on myself but only twice I think. Both came out surprsingly well. Would have loved to pursue it further but always had too many irons in the fire with other passions.

Pev, you may just design and build a robot that NASA sends to Mars someday.

I can hardly wait to see more from everyone. There's no doubt that the members here are extremely talented and have such a creative passion. Thank you all (and those yet to post) for sharing your wonderful creations with the rest of us.

I'm lovin' it.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote