Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2016, 08:36 AM   #1186
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovesflying View Post
That explains it. I've been placing the .bin file on the root directory (following the instructions on the latest jailbreak, step 6 in particular) and not the mrpackages installer. Thanks!
Open and read the Spoiler of Step #8 again.

Or when you follow the link given, read the information in the single post that holds the attachment.
This post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1597
Last sentence directly above the attachment.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #1187
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovesflying View Post
That explains it. I've been placing the .bin file on the root directory (following the instructions on the latest jailbreak, step 6 in particular) and not the mrpackages installer. Thanks!
I missed the fact that you had already updated to a consumer version image. My bad.

Consumer images are protected against non-Amazon packages being installed, which is why you have to use MrPI.

Factory images are not protected, which is why step #6 says to put it in the visible root of USB storage.
Advert
Old 11-21-2016, 04:50 AM   #1188
hacz
hacz began at the beginning.

Device: KV PW3
Hi
Is it possible to jailbreak PW3 5.8.5.0.2 ( Maybe some way to downgrade) ?
(2 question is it possible to use Vocabulary Builder after jailbreak with no registration?)
hacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:17 AM   #1189
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacz View Post
Hi
Is it possible to jailbreak PW3 5.8.5.0.2 ( Maybe some way to downgrade) ?
(2 question is it possible to use Vocabulary Builder after jailbreak with no registration?)
If it is not a 32Gbyte model - yes.
Use the current jailbreak, if you can pass Step #1 (your device model is listed in our support table).

No.
And you will want to register the device before you try the jail break process anyway. Much less trouble that way.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #1190
Gryzor
Enthusiast
Gryzor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hello guys!

Happily running jailbroken 5.8.2.1 on my Voyage, and I wanted to update to the last release (ooh a bold font! ). However, after copying Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin to the device I always get a message that I have copied a corrupted update package... can anyone help?

I've downloaded the package a few times now, extracts fine so, short of a md5 I guess it's correctly downloaded. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Gryzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2016, 11:25 AM   #1191
knc1
Going Viral

That is a update_*.bin pattern filename -
You MUST use MrPI to install those.

UYK only works for Amazon packages.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:27 AM   #1192
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Ohhh feeling silly now... But the device deletes the bin, should I use the zip instead?

Also, would that method, and subsequent update to latest version, delete my documents? I don't think so, but better safe than sorry...

Thanks so much
Old 12-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #1193
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Put the hotfix bin into the folder MrPi uses ("mrpackages") not into root of the Kindle drive. Then use MrPi to install it.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:19 AM   #1194
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Yup, that did the trick. Thanks, and have a great Sunday!!
Old 04-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #1195
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Anyone tried today's update?Does the jailbreak survive?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #1196
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryzor View Post
Anyone tried today's update?Does the jailbreak survive?

Thanks
What version is "today's update"?

Have you read the second sentence of the first post of the current jailbreak?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877
Old 04-17-2017, 04:29 AM   #1197
Gryzor
Enthusiast

5.8.9, and no, I hadn't seen the update of the first post, thanks
Old 04-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #1198
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
5.8.9, and no, I hadn't seen the update of the first post, thanks
Your searching for '5.8.9' on this forum (or the parent forum) should have turned up several confirming posts (and that line in the jb post).
You need to practice your search-fu.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:22 AM   #1199
Gryzor
Enthusiast

Yes I should. I did poke around a bit but obviously not enough, apologies!

[EDIT] Huh, I just did search for 5.8.9, I get zero results for either threads or posts... weird.

Last edited by Gryzor; 04-18-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:18 AM   #1200
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Yes I should. I did poke around a bit but obviously not enough, apologies!

[EDIT] Huh, I just did search for 5.8.9, I get zero results for either threads or posts... weird.
Yeah...it seems like the forum search can't handle search terms with decimals, maybe?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreaking