Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #1
mondaying
mondaying began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Hide page number (bottom bar)

Is there a way to remove page number at the bottom of the page for gobo glo. I wish have whole screen available for read manga on my kobo.

I seen this https://github.com/ah-/koboplugins/wiki/Kobo-Tweaks but this plugin is not available for kobo glo.

And the zoom function is too contreignant, maybe a fixed zoom area is configurable...

Thanks !
mondaying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Warfare
Warfare began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Hello, I'm a new user of Kobo Mini, and I'm experiencing the same issue with comics epub : can't suppress page number on the bottom of the screen.
However, when I'm downloading some comics from Kobo website, page number is suppressed (example : http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Worka...cWTwHKgUfg&r=1), and so that image fit the whole screen.

Could someone tell me how to supress that page number ?
Warfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
You can't, you can only remove the page number on the right side of the Kobo. The bottom page number is fixed. In fact that whole bottom part is reserved for menu options when you are reading.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
Warfare

Hi Danger,

Thank you for the help. That what I tought, pretty annoying in fact.
As Mini screen is quite ... mini, the more the size of image is fitted to the screen, the better it is.

I wonder if any plugin (unofficial) can do that ... ? There is probably a trick, because with link posted above the bar is removed ^^ Probably a parameter within epub (or kepub)
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I would love to able to get rid of the bottom menu too. I might have a look at that link, to see how it is done...

Well, Warfare, I downloaded the book you link to(http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Worka...LjA/page1.html), and I still page numbers at the bottom when I read the book on my Glo. I side-loaded the book; did you download it direct as a kepub?

Edit: I got the kepub version too, and you are right, there are no page numbers in that version, although the comic strip image only fills the top two thirds of the screen. It probably fills more of the screen on the lower resolution of the mini. The kepub has javascript in it which I think controls the size of display, and may have something to do with page numbers not displaying. The javascript sets various css styles; I tried copying the styles into a regular epub, but could not get the page numbers to disappear.

Last edited by ShellShock; 12-27-2012 at 12:35 PM.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
Warfare

Pretty right, the page number area is suppressed only within kepub version. So that mean the trick is linked to kepub format ... Another workaround would be a firmware evolution or a third party plugin for Kobo Mini.
Anyway, I tried to find kepub software creator without any succes. Damn ^^
Old 12-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #7
mondaying
mondaying began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
thank you for your answers, I'll take a look on the javacript kepub !
mondaying is offline   Reply With Quote