Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #61
kazuma6666
Enthusiast
kazuma6666 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook OPUS, Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookripper View Post
-Very Crappy dictionary but it's ok I guess, I got one working that finds almost every word. Kobo was a lot better.
I'm looking to buy a new ereader, and the odyssey is almost everything I'm looking for, except the fact that I hear the dictionaries are the worst in ereaders. I wonder what you used to get a better dictionary. I read the python post but didn't go into it in details. I also heard about some dictionaries that bookeen added and can be downloaded. Which solution did you use? And, if it is an english dictionary, would it be possible to send it if I buy an odyssey?
kazuma6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #62
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The problem is that Bookeen haven't got the financial muscle to license the big-name commercial dictionaries that the major manufacturers do. If dictionaries are important to you (and they are to me) you might be better off buying a reader from one of the big-name manufacturers instead.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #63
mutantmagnet
mutantmagnet began at the beginning.

Device: Odyssey Sony Nook
How is the web browsing experience with the Odyssey. They have made a lot of claims about working on better refreshes on their ereaders. Does it offer a superior browsing experience to other ereaders?
mutantmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #64
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I find browsing a better experience on the PRS-T1 than the odyssey 1. Mainly because the T1 uses the android browser and keybord.

Not sure about odyssey frontlight, but...
Noting better than PC or tablet to browse the net.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #65
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Noting better than PC or tablet to browse the net.
Definitely. eInk screens and web browsers are not a happy combination.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #66
mutantmagnet
mutantmagnet began at the beginning.

Device: Odyssey Sony Nook
Are you saying that because of tech that simply would be broken on an ereader like Flash? I'm just looking at ereaders for reading. I'm not interested in animated content or using interactive programs. I like the idea of moving away from the LCD screen to read content but a good chunk of my reading involves web articles.

If I can't seamlessly transition from a browser to an ebook on the same device it wouldn't be worth it.
mutantmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:55 AM   #67
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
6" is a bit small.
And refresh rates on e-ink pour you can't easily move around the page.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote