Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
Does Stanza work in iOS 6?

Now that Apple has started to roll out iOS 6, has anyone tried Stanza on it?
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
From all reports so far, yes it does work.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
YEA!!!!!!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Yes. Updated iPad first as the checker, and just now updated my 3GS. All good, no hiccups with how I use it. YMMV according to what you want to do, of course.

ohhh
Dictionary is working again but not from the "more" menu setting. Oh well.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 09-19-2012 at 07:10 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11, Kobo Arua 2 and iPad Air 3
Is that right? Stanza works?
injapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
Is that right? Stanza works?
Nawwwww, I was just kidding when I posted above. arghhh. Of course it works :P
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It works... but the question does it works well? or work worst?
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyouth View Post
It works... but the question does it works well? or work worst?
It works the same as it did in iOS 5, at least from what I can tell.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
kyteflyer
Wizard

Not quite the same. There's one difference I had not noticed... if you access Settings from inside its main page, your phone will freeze. Change settings only from inside a book. Everything else seems exactly right though.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
injapan
Addict
injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.injapan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used it about a year ago and thought it was knocked out with iOS5?
But I now I tried it with 6 and I have trouble with it, It just doesn't work
its a shame, I used to like it
Old 09-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by injapan View Post
I used it about a year ago and thought it was knocked out with iOS5?
But I now I tried it with 6 and I have trouble with it, It just doesn't work
its a shame, I used to like it
You must still be using 3.1 which wont work? Except for the issue mentioned above, 3.2 is working just fine here.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
injapan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
You must still be using 3.1 which wont work? Except for the issue mentioned above, 3.2 is working just fine here.
well I downloaded it from the apps store just 2 days ago and I can't really do anything with it! even see what version it is

frustrating

I couldn't even close it

Old 09-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
HPG
Enthusiast
HPG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Android phone
It works, so long as the only settings you need to change are font size and day/night, and some other minor ones. If you tap the Layout or General Settings icons from inside a book it freezes, so that you have to force the app to shut down and relaunch it before you can carry on reading. So I guess it's not totally dead, but most, arguably, of the features that made it so much better than the other reading apps currently available don't work any more.
HPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPG View Post
It works, so long as the only settings you need to change are font size and day/night, and some other minor ones. If you tap the Layout or General Settings icons from inside a book it freezes, so that you have to force the app to shut down and relaunch it before you can carry on reading. So I guess it's not totally dead, but most, arguably, of the features that made it so much better than the other reading apps currently available don't work any more.
Damn, that is such a shame. fortunately I already had my settings the way I wanted them and the firmware update has not changed that. I'm glad I didnt delete stanza then, might have been up the creek with no paddle.

In the meantime I decided to pay for shubook and so far its not looking too bad: the free version was useless, really. Its not Stanza, of course, but it has the essentials of what I want and need in a reader.