Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
2 Questions about Bulk Edit Search & Replace

I suspect the answer to my questions is going to be no or require more programming experience than I have but I'm hoping it's something that can be easily tweaked and someone can kindly show me where and how.

Attached is a picture of my Bulk Edit Search and Replace screen.

Question 1: Up top you can see that I'm editing 13 books but there are only lines for my test case and then 10 books. Is there any way to expand the number of books it will show? If you look at the end of each book you can see they all have different format tags at the end. To make sure I get all of them I've been working 10 books at a time but it would be nice to be able to work with more, even if it's only, say, 25. I currently have 1800 books to check and fix.

Question 2: I highlighted certain books where you can see that the comments has been truncated to show only what's at the *end* of the Comments field. Is there anyway to be able to see what's at the *front* of the Comments field on this screen? 98% of the time the Apple-style format is exactly as it appears in the image but sometimes it's different, only I can't tell that without looking at each book individually.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BulkEditSRScreen2.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	82725  
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Not quite clear on the concept (what you are doing) but you should be able to combine more than one item on each line by using the | (or operator) as your replacement text seems the same.

I do this in the conversion search and replace to remove headers and page numbers.

Helen

Last edited by speakingtohe; 02-18-2012 at 04:51 PM.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
Question 2: I highlighted certain books where you can see that the comments has been truncated to show only what's at the *end* of the Comments field. Is there anyway to be able to see what's at the *front* of the Comments field on this screen? 98% of the time the Apple-style format is exactly as it appears in the image but sometimes it's different, only I can't tell that without looking at each book individually.
There's no way to move all ten to the beginning, but if you click on one and highlight the text right-to-left, it will keep going back to the beginning. It's not efficient, but that's the only way I can see to do it.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
There's no way to move all ten to the beginning, but if you click on one and highlight the text right-to-left, it will keep going back to the beginning. It's not efficient, but that's the only way I can see to do it.
Click in the field and press the Home key.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the tip about the highlighting or using the Home key.

Any thoughts on how to get the Search & Replace screen to display more than 10 records at a time?
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That would require changing code
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Okay. I figured it wouldn't be really possible but I thought I'd double check in case there was something easy I was missing.