Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
DianaL
DianaL began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Same Book on two nooks??

I have both a Nook Color and a Nook STR--I just bought a book, downloaded while at Barnes and Noble. Can I also load it to my other nook that is registered to the same account? Or can I only read it on the Nook that it was downloaded to while at B & N?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
DianaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi Diana,

I have a Nook Color and an Android tablet with a Nook app plus a PC version of Nook. I download the same book on all three applications frequently. I don't think you will run into any problems.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #3
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
The only problem you will have is with the enhanced ebooks. Those will work only with the Nook Color or the Nook Tablet. The description page for each NookBook tells which devices each book will work with, so you can check the books before you buy them.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaL View Post
I have both a Nook Color and a Nook STR--I just bought a book, downloaded while at Barnes and Noble. Can I also load it to my other nook that is registered to the same account? Or can I only read it on the Nook that it was downloaded to while at B & N?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
Actually, you'd have trouble keeping it OFF the 2nd Nook. As soon as you connect via WiFi with the Nook you didn't use to buy it, it will download it to it. It will even keep the 2 in sync, page-wise (i.e. you can read it on one device, and later switch to the other, and the last page you were reading will come up).

This is actually a small problem for me. I often buy books with the Touch. But I really only use my COlor Nook for web surfing and email, and just about never read a book on it. But I do find the books I bought on the Touch in the Color Nook's library any time I check. It's not objectionable and could be VERY useful if you really read on both devices, of course.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote