Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 01:57 AM   #346
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I've seen it get stuck on a 2.5MB file before - there's no fix at the moment I'm afraid. It's possible that the command-line X-Ray Builder would do better.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:09 AM   #347
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: PW2
I just tried a 0.5 MB book and it worked..
What can i do about larger books?
April_7th is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2014, 02:10 AM   #348
April_7th
Connoisseur
April_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueApril_7th can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
I've seen it get stuck on a 2.5MB file before - there's no fix at the moment I'm afraid. It's possible that the command-line X-Ray Builder would do better.
Got it. Thank you
Old 06-18-2014, 02:38 AM   #349
April_7th
Connoisseur

I have copied .asc file into .sdr folder, x-ray button has appeared, but it's grey and wont work :l

Last edited by April_7th; 06-18-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #350
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_7th View Post
I have copied .asc file into .sdr folder, x-ray button has appeared, but it's grey and wont work :l
Did you generate the file with the Calibre plug-in or the command-line tool?
Advert
Old 06-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #351
April_7th
Connoisseur

Quote:
Did you generate the file with the Calibre plug-in or the command-line tool?
With the plug-in..
I couldn't figure out how to use the command-line tool yet, I'll try it later..
Old 06-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #352
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
With the plug-in..
I couldn't figure out how to use the command-line tool yet, I'll try it later..
If you sent me a PM with the book you tried it on and the .asc file it created, I can have a look at them and see what's up with it.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #353
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Originally I developed the Calibre plug-in without any access to a Kindle which displayed X-Ray, so I was never really able to test it properly. I have a Paperwhite now so at least I can run a few tests on it.

I do have a book which won't display the XRay property, so there should be a few bugs I can fix, when I get some spare time - although that might not be till after the World Cup.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #354
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
although that might not be till after the World Cup.
Silly football fans!
Old 06-21-2014, 03:30 AM   #355
mjwilson
Connoisseur

OK, here's a version with a few quick fixes, it was enough to get one of my books working (although I can still see a few improvements which could be made).
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator-0.1.291.zip (73.6 KB, 223 views)
Old 06-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #356
April_7th
Connoisseur

Here is the error..

Old 06-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #357
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Here's a quick fix - it doesn't really solve the problem but it should allow the plug-into continue and generate the XRay file, even if it doesn't have all of the correct information in it. I haven't found any books in my collection which show this problem, so I can't test it. (And I can't read A Feast for Crows until the TV series has covered it. )
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator-0.1.306.zip (73.7 KB, 214 views)
Old 06-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #358
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
The issue with Hitchhiker's Guide is that the file has a PDOC tag in it (which tells the kindle it's a personal document). If you use the Convert Books button in Calibre (even though it's already a mobi), under the MOBI Output tab you'll see the "personal doc tag" section, you have to change that to [EBOK] and it should work. Alternatively, you can download a mobi metadata editor.

Not sure what the issue with Feast For Crows and the plugin is, but it does work ok in the command-line (12m to process in the plugin before the error, 15s in the stand-alone!). Attached is the file that mine generated for you to try, though I didn't tweak the aliases or anything so some characters are missing quotes/locations.
Make sure to rename it to a .asc instead of .txt! I couldn't upload it as .asc.

Last edited by Ephemerality; 09-01-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #359
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Yet another Calibre plug-in version. This has a bunch of improvements - although for some reason when I load a file onto the Paperwhite, I get an error "The selected application could not be started" once or twice, before it starts loading and displaying it OK.

This generally improves the location identification if you're using aliases, but it's also much faster - for me "War and Peace" generates in 2 minutes instead of 13. There's also more progress reporting in the "job details" window if you want to see how it's going.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator-0.1.339.zip (74.1 KB, 305 views)
Old 06-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #360
April_7th
Connoisseur

Thank you a lot guys, I'll give it a try

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray