Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-29-2011, 05:50 AM   #1
dazwolf
dazwolf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Pdf display size issue...

So, I got my 600 as a Christmas gift last month and have not had any issues that weren't easily handled. However, I have aremed to have stumbled across a weird pdf issue. I used Adobe's Acrobat site to convert a Word project that a friend wrote so I could work on it at work away from my computer. Set to medium size, I am able to read it just fine. However, seven pages in, the size goes back to full page with the text too small to see. It says it is still set to medium, and paging back does show the first seven pages in medium. Changing the size from medium doesn't change anything after that point. Zooming in does work, but is rather cumbersome at best. Changing the orientation helps a little, but not as much as I would like.

Is there just some glitchy thing that causes this, or is there some other solution that I can look at?
dazwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Do the pages in question have some sort of graphs on them? That has happened to me, too. Try downloading Briss, it's free software that lets you cut off the margins or divvy up the page into sections so that they are easier to read on a 6-inch device.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
dazwolf
dazwolf began at the beginning.

Nope, no graphs. It is just a rich text document that I converted over. There is nothing in the rest of it That is not in the first few pages, so I have no idea why they would scale just fine, then stop all of a sudden.
dazwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
sol_barbez
sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Don't convert RTF files. The sony reads them just fine. If you for som reason want to convert anyway, use calibre (software) and convert to EPUB or LRF.
You can read PDF's, but converting to PDF should be last choice.
sol_barbez is offline   Reply With Quote